I dont get it

abraham1493abraham1493 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just wrote a long post and its not posted nor is it showing up in my "latest threads". Then I tryed to post it again and it says I already posted it. icon_cry.gif
Network+

Comments

• abraham1493abraham1493 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ?
    ok this is just BLAH
    Network+
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hello and welcome to TE. Probably just a glitch or some fancy anti-spam mechanism on the forum. You will probably just need to re-post.
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Welcome to the forum, Abraham.

It's an old habit of mine that I always right-click - select all - copy before I post. I've had that happen to me too many times over the years lol.
    Hello guys and gals! I am Abraham. I am in the second semester of my freshman year. Im 20 years old. In my networking class we are studying for two certs. One being the Network+ by Comptia. The text book my online class uses is "Network+ Guide to Networks" sixth edition by Tamara Dean. I have a "C" in the class, I have a hard time with this book and trying to remember everything. I was thinking of making flash cards or something. So then on to the other cert. I also do a "second class" which came with the bundle for my networking class. Its found at this site. Online IT Certification and Certification Training | TestOut | LabSim
    This is actually helping study for two at one time. The comptia and the Testout's own cert. "Network pro" (pro, not indicating I am a pro if I get it so please do not jump on me for that) This cert is actually hard! The really only reason being is because its "simulated hands-on" I HATE it! I do not think I will pass that cert as is. The training in the videos and the labs are really good, I say well worth the money. I just find that remembering the hands on is harder than remembering facts (I'm not doing to good on that end either LoL) So last night I was reading some Threads on here and read that the Mike Meyers book is a really good one to buy, so I went on ebay and bought the latest version I could find. I was debating on whether or not I should becuase I read that it has like 800 pages. My Book has.....886 counting index. So I kind of have a question. Will his book be the same as my text book? One thing that I know will be different is that my text book does not give me the answers and has one practice Exam in the back and it too does not have an answer key. I am hoping to have both certs at the end of May! If I fail the testout cert, I will pay to take it again, just because I payed money for the course, and do not want to come out empty handed with an empty slop on my resume. After I plan on getting My A+, which the other computer class I'm in now "Guide to operating systems" gives me a good base on. I will buy another book as a study aid for the A+. Studying for that should not take that long. So then I will chase the Security+. ^^ wow typed a-lot lol Hope to read some input. Thanks for the time. icon_thumright.gif

-Abraham
    Network+
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Hi abraham1493. Welcome to the forums. The length of that paragraph had me thinking that the Enter key wasn't working for you (similar to what other people have seen with IE10). After reading it I looked for the question and saw this:

> Will his book be the same as my text book?

No. While authors will always try to cover all of the objectives, they do so in a different way so you'll get different perspectives from the two books. Many people recommend using more than a single text for any certification.

Also, whenever using practice test questions, you should look for questions that include the answers and also explanations on why the correct answers are correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. I understand why a college text book doesn't include answers so this isn't surprising. I believe Tamara Dean's book is a Cengage book so the professor has access to full answers but that doesn't mean the professor gives them out.

Hope this helps.
    Darril wrote: »
    Hi abraham1493. Welcome to the forums. The length of that paragraph had me thinking that the Enter key wasn't working for you (similar to what other people have seen with IE10). After reading it I looked for the question and saw this:

> Will his book be the same as my text book?

No. While authors will always try to cover all of the objectives, they do so in a different way so you'll get different perspectives from the two books. Many people recommend using more than a single text for any certification.

Also, whenever using practice test questions, you should look for questions that include the answers and also explanations on why the correct answers are correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. I understand why a college text book doesn't include answers so this isn't surprising. I believe Tamara Dean's book is a Cengage book so the professor has access to full answers but that doesn't mean the professor gives them out.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Darril, I hope that I will like this book and it will reach out to me a bit better. I am hoping to get a job with the Network plus that pays over $10/hr to help me survive on my own through college. Right now I currently live in Northern Indiana, but in the summer I will be moving back to my home town Plano, Texas. I hear that the tech industry in the DFW (Dallas/Fort worth) is really good. What kind of job should I be looking for with my future Network+ Cert that will provide enough to live on through college?
    Network+
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think you would be fine with a Network+ to get a job. The tough part is probably finding a temp job or a part-time job if you are also going to school at the same time. I'm unfamiliar with the entry-level job market but I perhaps try to get a job in a NOC as a level-1 operator or perhaps on a help-desk. It's a good place to start and there may be more flexibility with hours.

Good luck.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    The job market is somewhat dependent on the location. You might like to post a question in the jobs degrees forum and see if someone has some direct knowledge about your locations: IT Jobs / Degrees Forums. Good luck.