Options

Netsims...

blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm planning to buy a sim... which one is better? boson netsim or routersim ( the one with lammle's book) thnx

Comments

• Options
    ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    boson netsim by far
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I agree...I have used both..

If you can get it, I would go with the Boson CCNP router sim. You can do a lot with it.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    ^

Have they release it yet? I preordered it and am still waiting for my copy.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    If you hav already paid for it, then you can download the beta. Quite a bit of it is already functional. There are a few more updates needed though
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    BOSON Netsim is definitely better than the one provided with Todd Lammle's Guide.

I would choose BOSON anytime between the 2.
    321hahaha.jpg
  • Options
    blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thnx a lot.......... is it worth it to get the ccnp version though? its kinda expenxive
  • Options
    darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    The CCNA version would take you through easily if you have the concepts under your belt, but if you are looking with a long term perspective ( CCNP etc. ) then i guess you would really benefit from the CCNP version although it is a little costlier.
    321hahaha.jpg
  • Options
    Like Darkmagic said....If you want to apply concepts above and beyond the CCNA level, the CCNP routers sim would be the way to go. It is kind of expensive....but if you wait until it is out of beta, it will be double that price. Also, check the price for online rack time and / or building a CCNP / IE level rack. Then..the price of the sim, doesn't look as bad. icon_wink.gif
    Kenny