Options

How are you listing CCNA on your resume now that the name has changed?

aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
Have you amended to reflect the new certification name? Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching is a bit long winded IMO so I have just kept mine listed as CCNA.

Just curious as to what other CCNAs are doing...

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd just put CCNA unless you have one of the specializations.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would list it in the Certification section of the Resume

CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) 05/13

I don't have many certs. So I will abbreviate it once I get 3 or more.

The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I used to just put CCNA but now I list it as CCNA Routing and Switching.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    aaron0011 wrote: »
    Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching is a bit long winded IMO so I have just kept mine listed as CCNA.

With only one CCNA achieved or planned, I will stick to the simple "CCNA" for now. If you took the new version of the exam, and that's your highest certification, I'd somehow convey "Took the updated/harder 200-series exam." That way your extra effort and knowledge above your competition is clear even to employers scanning resumes. :)
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As I have two CCNA's - I list CCNA: R&S, Security.
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    With only one CCNA achieved or planned, I will stick to the simple "CCNA" for now. If you took the new version of the exam, and that's your highest certification, I'd somehow convey "Took the updated/harder 200-series exam." That way your extra effort and knowledge above your competition is clear even to employers scanning resumes. :)

How would you advise someone do that and do you think that it would really be of benefit to someone to distinguish themselves like that?
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    Considering people within Cisco don't even know of the change I will just put CCNA still.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    lantech wrote: »
    How would you advise someone do that

"CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate - April 2013"
    (Note: I took the brand new and more in-depth 100-101 and 200-101 exams!)
    do you think that it would really be of benefit to someone to distinguish themselves like that?
    If your highest certification is the CCNA, then sure. It marks you as more knowledgeable than other CCNAs, and perhaps is an indication you took the time to build a strong foundation rather than seeking out the easiest pass. It's a good talking point in an interview, and you could find websites/posts backing it up in a Google search. I could and would sell it. :)