Options

Take a shot on tuesday ?

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
Dear all,

I just noticed that the Second Shot offer will expire on wednesday of next week.

As I'm going on vacation on wednesday I'm thinking about taking a shot on tuesday with the Second Shot code so that I can retake it after I return.

Do you think that you could get ready to pass with a little XP experience in 3 days ? :)

Regards,
Lordy
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    Personally I don't think you could do it in 3 days, but others may share different opinions. This is Microsoft and they don't make it easy for you.

Good luck to you if you decide to go ahead.

Frankly, I would wait. :)
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    I don't think you can do it in 3 days but you will have the retake to really study for and pass the exam then.

Good Luck!!
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    COME ON NOW!!! I think you should already know the answer to your question, Lordy. Do you think the MCSE exams are as easy as a walk in the park? Perhaps by luck you might be able to pass them without prior knowledge, but for most of the people, it would take months (if not a years) to prepare for the exam. I'm not going give you the the speech on how it is important to gain the experience and knowledge toward the getting a job and in the workplace as we have heard it thousands of times, but I would advice you to honestly ask yourself what you would gain by getting the piece of paper?
    It's like hiring someone to be a doctor, and finds out later that the person could not perform his/her job. That person would then have to seek another job and would go through the whole process again, only to be fired again due to lack of experience. Eventually, some employers would find out that person's game by doing background check and the walls begins to crumble.
    What do you think that jobseeker would then have to do, huh? Continue to play this charade and screw up his/her credential due to too many job-switching in a short period of time? Or do you think that jobseeker would have to re-evaluate himself and start a new game by doing the right
    thing by gaining more knowledge which he should have done in the first place. SO WHAT NOW? Time and money wasted, and the person isn't staying any younger; now the person have to begin to establish his/her career in his mid-life because of GREEDY. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!
    Talk my advice and do the right thing the first time. I'm speaking from my personal experience as well as from others I have known.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    From Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/

Q: What is the time frame in which I must take my first exam and the retake of that same exam?

A: You must take the first exam between February 28 and August 31, 2005, and if you fail it, you may retake the same exam at no additional cost before September 30, 2005.

So - though you may not be able to prepare and pass in 3 days (maybe you can??) - you can certainly take the test prior to August 31st and if you happen to fail, you will still have a good idea of just what is on the exam so that you would be in better shape to pass by September 30, 2005.
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That was the idea.

I want to schedule it before 31st August so I get the second shot free.

If I am lucky I might pass on the first try (I already have the study material).
    If I am not I will take more time before the retake and know what to expect.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lordy wrote:
    That was the idea.

I want to schedule it before 31st August so I get the second shot free.

If I am lucky I might pass on the first try (I already have the study material).
    If I am not I will take more time before the retake and know what to expect.

I say go for it icon_wink.gif , I might take 70-218 before the 31st August...
    If you fail you get a free retake.... if you pass icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    louzam2115louzam2115 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was scheduled to take the test on the 22nd of next month and I have been studying with cbts & books for a few weeks and when I saw this post I rescheduled my test for the 31st.

Hopefully I will pass, I believe I am prepared but was caught offguard as to take the test so soon now.

First MS exam. Here I come.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I thought of the same for 218, but I would rather be absolute certain I know what I need to know, free retake or not. I'm not looking for a lucky pass. If you feel you already know XP well enough, I say go for it.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I say go for it Lordy! What's the worse that can happen? You fail and you have to retake in less than a month .. big deal .. at least if you fail you will be familiar with the question format if this is your first MCP exam.

That being said ... go for it and good luck icon_cool.gif