Options

Starting the route towards CCENT / CCNA...

2»

Comments

• Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    riahc3 wrote: »
    Its a legal thing and Ive already told them that.

What country do you live in where it is illegal for an employer to deny you a raise based on you obtaining a certification?

Regardless, your whole attitude about dumping the CCNA and not caring to retain anything irks the people here who actually studied the material and passed the exam based on the skills and knowledge they developed. You're not going to get anybody here telling you to just **** your way through it so you can get paid more if you can't find the console port to save your life.
  • Options
    riahc3riahc3 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My intention was never to offend anyone. Just have to patch some things up money wise and getting this cert to get my legal (pretty substantial) raise would be nice (even though getting the cert, brain **** or not, wont be easy at all).

Sorry to all I offended and sorry about offtopicing this thread.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ive been thinking about doing brain ****; Here, once you reach a certain degree of knowledge (such as a cert), a company is obligated to pay you a bare minimum. So even if I do a brain **** and get the cert, and even if I stay at the same company doing the same things, that same company is obligated to give me a substantial raise even if Im in the same job position!

Although not ideal, in my current job, a brain **** might be interesting.

Thank you as always to all of you for your posts.

Some people are happy with whatever life gives them. Your level of motivation leads me to believe you you are probably a simple and happy person.

Good Luck with the big raise.
  • Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    My intention was never to offend anyone. Just have to patch some things up money wise and getting this cert to get my legal (pretty substantial) raise would be nice (even though getting the cert, brain **** or not, wont be easy at all).

Sorry to all I offended and sorry about offtopicing this thread.

You didn't offend me. :) No harm.

I just hope you decide your path in life based on what you want and what you love, not money. I do understand that a raise is important and you should always approach that type of situation when the time is right. In my experience, I never had to test for a cert to get a raise. It came due to hard work. If you are at a place that you have put your blood and sweat in, and they don't appreciate you, then it is time to move on.

As far as going for a certification, I can't say what should motivate anyone. Who am I to say. What I can say is that getting a cert is not a guarantee for a job or a pay raise. Just want to throw that out there.

Like I said earlier... do what you love.. the money will follow.
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.