Western Governors University BS-IT Security Track

BundimanBundiman Member Posts: 201
I just started my program on April 1st and decided to start a thread on my experience. I transferred in 28 CU and only have 94 to complete. I am just over one week in and I already have my CLC1 and WFV1 exams schedule for later this week and earlier next. I am waiting for my LUE1 class to appear in taskstream so I can submit my essay and hopefully knock out my first three classes in the first three weeks of the semester. That leaves INC1 before I can start accelerating my degree. More to come.
Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Start Date: Apr 1st, 2013)
Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Completed: Apr 25t, 2014)

Comments

• swildswild Member Posts: 828
    If you can keep up that tempo, you shouldn't have much problem finishing in 2 terms. You've already got the Cisco stuff out of the way, so the rest is pretty much just grinding through, since they eliminated the 70-680. Keep us updated!
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    swild wrote: »
    If you can keep up that tempo, you shouldn't have much problem finishing in 2 terms. You've already got the Cisco stuff out of the way, so the rest is pretty much just grinding through, since they eliminated the 70-680. Keep us updated!

Why did they eliminate 70-680?
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    swild wrote: »

I guess the 70-680 is still in the BS Network Admin track....
    My mentor just signed me up for it

and I did not realize I could ask for approval to take more than one assessment...
    I will have to ask for more
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    They replaced 70-680 with Linux+ in the Security Track. Unfortunately, it is still in the Network Admin track. Probably will not get replaced until next year when the exam is retired by Microsoft.
  • SirbloodySirbloody Member Posts: 112
    Good luck with the course. I should be starting on 1 May. I am just waiting to see what transfers over from my Army transcripts (Both my MOSes are IT related.).
    WGU: BS-IT Security (Start Date 1 June 2013)
    Classes Left: EUP1, BOV1, TXC1, TXP1, TYC1, TYP1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, GAC1, HHT1, COV1, CQV1, QLT1, BVC1, RIT1, BNC1, IWC1, IWT1, DJV1, TPV1, CVV1, CJV1, CNV1, AGC1, CUV1, EUC1
    Completed: CPV1, AXV1, DHV1 BBC1, WFV1, CLC1, CTV1, DRV1. DSV1, LAE1
  • BundimanBundiman Member Posts: 201
    Update: Took my CLC1 exam this morning and passed. It didn't tell my what my score was. Is that new or will it appear later or will my mentor be able to tell me? I also submitted my LAE1 essay to taskstream today so now its a waiting game for the grade. WFV1 is scheduled for Tuesday and should be a cake walk leaving only INC1 left to complete this semester before I accelerate my degree
    WFV1 in the morning I've been studying for the past week. Any suggestions for this one?
    Passed WFV1 this morning with a 98%. Still waiting on my Taskstream for LAE1.
    LAE1 is now complete and I am now reviewing the material for before I take the pre-assessment for INC1. Feeling pretty good three weeks in three classes completed. I like the thought of keeping up one class one week pace but I don't think that is really possible. But I think I am going to try and make that my objective as often as possible.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Just glancing at your certs, this degree can't be much of a challenge to you, and you're probably only getting it for the resume.

There was another guy with a Calvin-Hobbes avatar, and I believe he transferred in a bunch of credits and completed the B.S. IT in one term.

Am I mixing up the avatars?
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
    Not sure I know swild completed in one term but he is the only person I have found that actually did it. I am just getting my degree so I can move up into a management position.
    Completed my pre-assessments for INC1 wit a 73% and DFV1 with a 89% tonight. Passed both on the first attempt and would love to schedule the exams for next week but travel for work has raised it ugly. I think i have read that Certiport testing centers are scarce in Little Rock AR.. Can anyone provide a answer for that? I will take advantage of the extra week to study for INC1. Man this class covers all areas of science and what in depth knowledge of each area.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Definitely not swild.

I was talking about this thread, and this guy:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/60354-finished-degree-one-semester-wgu.html

Please check the avatar! :D

It was a deja vu moment for me, with your avatar coming up, talking about doing a WGU degree :)
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • theanimaltheanimal Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll definitely be following your thread as we started on the same date. You clearly have far more experience than I do but I'm looking forward to your feedback about the courses. I am scheduled to take the WFV1 exam next week and I don't plan on taking more than a week on LUT1. I got out to a rocky start but the material in WFV1 is extremely simply, just got caught up in some other RL issues.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your progress
    I also started April 1st
    I only finished two courses as of right now.
    instant000,
    I had never seen his threads. He was able to transfer in a lot more CU than I did. I do not plan on completing the degree in one term. My taking it easy goal is three terms. My real plan is to complete in two semesters. Right now I am on pace for 1 class per week but I know I wont be able to keep that pace up.
    One tool I have used so far is called Grammarly. It a great tool for checking your papers. Its free the first seven days and even has a word plug-in. I waited until I was done with my essay for LAE1 and then put it through the program. Then I canceled it after I was done. They want a monthly fee to keep using it so I will wait until I need to write my next paper to start a subscription.
    Took the pre-assessment for INC1 for the 2nd time last night and scored a 85%. The real thing is scheduled for tomorrow so I get one more night of review then I can focus all of my attention on DFV1. DFV1 is scheduled for Monday and I am not to worried about that one. Next quests to complete will be INT1 and BNC1. I have already taken the pre-assessment for BNC1 and scored a 60% without looking at the material. Should have that one knocked out in less then two weeks figuring in the time to get the exam scheduled. I have also already started my 3 task for INT1 and should be ready to turn all three in on Friday. Not quite sure which quest I want to accept after those two. Will update again after I take my exam tomorrow.
  • PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    Good job knocking those classes out - I think your 2 term goal is very doable.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
    Not sure what has changes in two weeks since I took my CLC1 exam, but when I completed my INC1 exam it did not tell me if I passed or failed just that WGU would have my scores for the exam. Anyone else have this issue?
  • natxnatx Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Bundiman, I'm trying to do 2 terms also and I was able to get 30 credits transferred. my first terms ends at the end of the months and I have completed 18 classes for 56 credits so far. I should easily be able to do 2 more classes by the end of the month for a total of 20 classes/62 credits. that will leave me with 7 classes to take for the second term. my mentor tells me it might be possible to start the masters program after finishing the bachelors and take masters classes for the remainder of my second term. if so I will probably do the MS IT: information assurance. it is totally based on CISSP so it will pretty much be a review and might be able to finish same term. that would be rad :) oh and for the CLC1 grade, I can see mine by clicking degree plan, click the column Objecttive Assessment and then Show Coaching Report at the bottom. sorry for wall of text.. enter key not working lol!
    natx,

That sounds great, but my issue was that after taking my INC1 exam it did not tell me if I passed or failed. As for the classes my plan to complete classes looks a lot like what you have done. I would love to know if you actually get to start taking masters level classes once you complete your classes this term.

Thanks
    INC1 updated this morning I passed with a 83%. BNC1 is my new quest to complete in less then a week.
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Godspeed!
    I too shall be popping in from time to time
    turned in Task 2 for INT1. Working on task 1 and will turn it in tomorrow.
    So lets see I am waiting for Task 3 to be graded for INT1 then that will be completed. I passed BNC1 this morning and I had to reschedule DFV1. When I went to take it they had problems getting the test to come up. It was the first time they attempted to run the exam since they moved. So I take it on the 17th of May and hopefully can one shot it as well. Next classes to unlock will be QBT1 and CUV1.
    My latest new is INT1 is complete. Task 3 needed a revision so that added three days. Passed DFV1 with a 79. Its the pain of a test everyone says it is. I studied for three weeks, went through the learningkey and the e-book once. Then I used measure-up to reinforce the information. I am just glad I am done with that one. Next up is QBT1 and CUV1. I am not really looking forward to QBT1 but I do plan to have task 1 completed this weekend. I have not even looked the course material yet but other post say it guides you through the process.
    QBT1 task 1 is now completed. Looking back it was not as bad as I made it out to be just time consuming. Task 2 is almost finished and I should have it submitted by tomorrow.

OK so I am a little behind on keep up on this thread. I finished the program today. Took just over a year but its been well worth it. Since I am already in the study mode I think I am going to push on for the MSISA.
  • anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bundiman wrote: »
    OK so I am a little behind on keep up on this thread. I finished the program today. Took just over a year but its been well worth it. Since I am already in the study mode I think I am going to push on for the MSISA.

Nice job man congrats on your accomplishment!