Options

646 today....

To sum up, I failed the 2008 SA exam today. Scored a 680 - so was probably only one or two questions away.This is the first one I've failed since the 70-291 (over 3 years ago). I suppose I've had a good run of exams between then and now. Score sheet looked pretty healthy too.Bring on the second shot lol!

EDIT: I originally posted this as the 686, where in fact it’s the 646 I took yesterday. I was super tired after the exam yesterday and only just spotted my mistake.

Comments

• Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dang that is a close score. Good luck on the 2nd shot!
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Good luck on the next one. Ya that's maybe 2 questions away from passing... very close man!
  • Options
    BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    cruwl wrote: »
    Dang that is a close score. Good luck on the 2nd shot!

Cheers, I'm sure i'll get it next time with a recap of the material as well as exposure to the material. I'm now just waiting for the confirmation of my result so I can rebook it. Bit of an odd exam too in terms of the layout. Would say more if it wasn't for the NDA.

Kudos to anyone who has passed it.
  • Options
    Lexluethar wrote: »
    Good luck on the next one. Ya that's maybe 2 questions away from passing... very close man!

Thank you.
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed it with a 590 on the 2nd. Definitely wasn't my favorite exam to date.
  • Options
    Commguy23Commguy23 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What were your resources in prepping for this exam? The hardest part for me is I could not find a 70-646 book, so I'm using the Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book. I like the certguide books for 70-680, 640, and 642 since they contain everything related to that specific test. This book is an overview of everything, a little harder to stay focused on. I completed the Testout Labsim course. I also I just started on the Transcender exams. I'm wondering if you found a more specific book, and if you had tried the Boson practice exams or not.
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've started looking for resource for the 70-646 and came across this book:

Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-646): Windows Server® 2008 Server Administrator: Ian McLean, Orin Thomas: 9780735649095: Amazon.com: Books

its the MS press 70-646 R2 edition, i've seen several posts of people that couldn't find it.
  • Options
    MrSharpMrSharp Member Posts: 45 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think this exam is a lot tougher than ppl expect/imagine.
    I failed first time for this exam too, and just passed in the retake with a score of 700. Too close for comfort!

Now that you had experience of the exam format you should be better prepared next time.
    Note that it seems the sections can be switched around...
    1st time I had the section with the multiple choice questions first then followed by the sections for the testlets
    Latest attempt, i started with one testlet section, followed by multiple choice section, then the remaining testlet sections.

Anyways, wish you the best of for your retake.
  • Options
    I feel It's somewhat hard to study for this one, especially as the skilled measured for this exam on the MS learning site is pretty vague. Been using the MS press book above as a reference as well as technet. Pretty much reapplied and reviewed the knowledge gained from 640 and 642.
  • Options
    MrSharpMrSharp Member Posts: 45 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think it would be good for you to do practice tests to identify any knowledge gaps/lack of clarity you may have and then read up on those areas in the MS Press book/ technet.

Unfortunately I feel that my usual Transcender practice tests let me down somewhat for this exam, with the lack of testlet practice
    Any1 have any recommendations of other practice tests that are good for this exam, (preferably including testlets)?