Options

Third time lucky I hope

grey foxgrey fox Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am taking this bugger of an exam for the third time tomorrow. Last time I failed with 678.

I am starting to get really hacked off with this constant failure though, so I am wondering if I am really cut out for this stuff. I mean how many times can you fail an exam before you should call it quits?

Will let you all know how I get on and whether I will keep going tomorrow.

See ya.

Comments

• Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    Have the best luck ever, we'll all rooting for you :D:D:D:D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    good luck man....ask god for your help before hand.
  • Options
    mpawlettmpawlett Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed this 3 times with marks in the mid 600's. I, like you, and getting fed up with this exam.

I'm going to read my MS Press book for the second time from cover to cover, and do all the questions, exam practises and labs etc...and see how it goes.

icon_sad.gif

Good luck anyhow.
    Martin
  • Options
    Hi everybody.

Thanks to everybody who wished me luck, but I am afraid to report that I failed again with 634.

I just don't get it. I feel that I know my stuff. In the last month at work we just upgraded our domain to 3 Win 2003 servers; 1 DC, 1 Exchange and 1 Terminal Server, all without any problems.

What I have decided to do is take a few weeks off to concentrate at work, and see how I feel, if I want to go back to it.

I feel ashamed because quite a few people have put their faith in me and I feel that I am letting them down.

I do know that if I decide to carry on I will be able to count on the support of you fine people, so thanks again to you all.

See ya.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sorry to hear that. What did you use and do to prepare for this exam? Maybe you need some better study material. Are there any particular topics that gave you a hard time during the exam?
    I just don't get it. I feel that I know my stuff. In the last month at work we just upgraded our domain to 3 Win 2003 servers; 1 DC, 1 Exchange and 1 Terminal Server, all without any problems.

What I have decided to do is take a few weeks off to concentrate at work, and see how I feel, if I want to go back to it.

I feel ashamed because quite a few people have put their faith in me and I feel that I am letting them down.
    Being able to pass a test the MS way and being able to perform on the real job are two different things and obviously the latter is more important. imo there's no need to be ashamed, on the contrary, you and those people should be proud of your perseverance.
    I do know that if I decide to carry on I will be able to count on the support of you fine people,
    Most certainly.
  • Options
    masaloumasalou Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that,but never give up.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    never give up - you can do it.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    Hi everybody

Thanks for all of your kind words.

I am feeling far more positive about things now. I went and had some tea at this Turkish cafe in Holloway Road and my spirits have lifted greatly.

For revision, I have used MS Press, Sybex and Cram Session to top it all off. The MS Press book came with Measure Up software, and I have been able to use Transcender from time to time. I have been getting good scores on both these packages.

I won't give up, but I am still going to take some time off to clear my mind a bit and then I will go back to the books.

Once again, I thank you all for the words of encouragement.

See ya
  • Options
    DeadProphetDeadProphet Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As said before, Never ever give up, I myself blew the tests 4 times and nailed it the 5th time.

Hands-On training gave me the extra push to pass the test.
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    We believe in you, so should you. I know the fall is a hard one, but you just have to brush yourself down and keep picking yourself up. Never lose hope. :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!