Options

Passed 640-802 with a 960

amcloneamclone Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Very happy to report that I passed the 640-802 exam today with a 960 and I am now a CCNA! I was originally preparing for the ICND2 exam but a friend gave me a free voucher for the 640-802 exam. Anyway, here is what I used to prepare in order.

1. Todd Lammle 7th Edition book.
2. CBT Nuggets
3. Boson Netsim labs (Paid version)
4. Odom Book
5. Boson ExSim exams (Paid version)

I cannot stress enough how awesome the Boson ExSim practice exams were. I used the ICND1 and ICND2 exams. The Boson exams were actually much harder than the real exam.

Up Next: CCNP
Working on CCNP Switch.

Comments

• Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great score! Wow! Congratulations, keep that momentum going!
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Congrats, great score! How would rate the Boson labs? Are they worth the price? I'm currently using Packet Tracer, my home lab, and some GNS3 for labbing.
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, great score!Just out of interest, I got the Boson exams yesterday (ICND1) and scored 750. I have 2 weeks till my exam and im just going to pure lab and watch some CBT nuggets. Only got one more chapter to read from Lammle's book.Think I am far off passing?
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome score! And thanks for letting me know what you used since I'll be tackling this within the next 2-3 months.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats, good score!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow nice score, congrats.

I did have a question, did you read both Todd and Odom's book at the same time or one right after the other?

Thanks in advance
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    amcloneamclone Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the kind words...

@ChickenNuggetz - The labs were just "ok" in my opinion. The ExamSim was great.

@wallpaper_01 - I wouldn't take the exam until you are scoring in the 90's on the Boson ExamSim.

@bub9001 - I read Odom's book after. I actually followed the order that I posted above.
    Working on CCNP Switch.
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    amclone - congrats! I am scheduled for ICND2 in June. Going through Todd Lammle 7th Edition book myself now + CBT Nuggets this month, and then next month going to read the Odom's ICND2 book as well. I have a physical lab and PT for labbing, I wonder if this will be enough to pass the ICND2.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    amclone wrote: »
    Thank you for the kind words...

@bub9001 - I read Odom's book after. I actually followed the order that I posted above.

It really hard to know what to spend ones time on when studying for CCNA. This info will go a long way to help.

Thanks again
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA