Options

Lab Help for 70-680

Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
Download Test Lab Guide: Base Configuration from Official Microsoft Download Center

Found this and was wondering if this is a good base to set up a virtual lab for the 70-680 exam?

Comments

• Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Rosco2382 wrote: »
    ... and was wondering if this is a good base to set up a virtual lab for the 70-680 exam?

I downloaded and glanced through the document. Looks good for your intended use: i.e. setting up a lab environment for the 70-680 exam.

Having hurdled the 70-680, I am monkeying around with a Server 2012 and Windows 8 management workstation. I'm weaning off of GUI and put more emphasis in configuring my machines through PowerShell. It has been challenging so far. If I were starting the certificate quest anew, in retrospect I would choose to learn Server 2012 and Windows 8 instead of Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. There is less to unlearn if you begin with the latest Microsoft products.

With that said, it is probably also true there is more information available on the older Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 platforms.

Here is a lab setup for Server 2012: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7807.windows-server-2012-test-lab-guides.aspx
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    ITMonkey wrote: »
    I am monkeying around with...

I see what you did there...

This looks like a nice, clean setup. I may attempt to deploy this tonight and see how it goes. Thanks for the information.
  • Options
    ZandokanZandokan Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could I make the Server be 1 physical machine with 2 virtual machines?