Options

Practice Exams

aguto123aguto123 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am doing the exam next week but I am looking for good and extensive practice exam. I would like free ones and if anyone can share a pdf, I would be glad.

thx

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry aguto123, most of the pdfs out there tend to be **** and we do not condone the use of those around here. There are some practice exams on this site and
    http://www.alphageekproductions.com has a free pdf available that is not a ****.

What sort of materials do you already have?
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    aguto123aguto123 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do have the syngress book and total recall book, written by tcat.
    I really want tests...I did the one you mentioned but I think just one is not enough! by the way...the beta test is similar to the real test? it does ask for too much operationa/organizational security..that differs from the comptia objectives!
  • Options
    Yes it does ask a lot of organisational stuff. Also has questions that involve persons who just would not be involved in certain things (such as CEO making security policy ... lol).

Have you tried our questions on this site? The Beachfront quizzer is pretty good so I have been told and the Boson quizzer is not that expensive to purchase - especially compared to failing the exam.
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    breakthrubreakthru Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, I just tried this 50 question practice exam and got nailed (only 30 correct out of 50). I lost a few questions on knowledge of ports (which is easily remedied), but hit some really hard questions on Crypto and more than a few questions on MS and Win2k (I thought this was a vendor neutral exam). Most of the questions I failed (except for the ports) wasn't for lack of forgetting the correct answer, but the fact that I have never seen the answer before.

I have almost finished reading the Sybex Study Guide and Exam Cram2, and thought I would be ready to handle some questions but after doing this practice exam, I think I have a long way to go........

I have tried the BeachQuizzer exam questions and Bosan's and got at least 80% in both.

I'm guessing that I probably just need to get stuck into some additional study material to round out my knowledge. Will try tCats eBook and some crypto reseach before coming back for another try icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    Always good to have a few different resources and practice tests. I was scoring 90/95% on every practice test I have and still missed on the real thing. I kick myself in the butt for expecting the questions and answers to be factual rather than subjective.
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    domoiidomoii Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To Breakthru:

You are right, but gullible.

1. CompTIA's Security+ exam *IS* vendor-neutral. This practice exam has questions regarding specific Unix commands and Win2K security concepts.

2. Don't take this practice exam seriously. There are spelling errors and incorrectly chosen words (such as the use of "affect" vs. "effect"). It is difficult for me to take any exam seriously when the exams are not proof-read (or poorly proof-read), and when there are very few explanations to the so-called "correct" answers to their questions. Upon observing RussS's attempt at spelling the word "organiZational"...now I know who wrote the exam.

I'm taking my studying elsewhere. Nice try, Techexams.
  • Options
    jrowejrowe Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    organisational / organizational can be spelt both ways icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    After reading your other post where you put down CompTIA certs, and the one above, it's obvious who should not be taken seriously.

1. Vendor-neutral really does NOT mean it doesn't cover vendor related topics. Besides the actual exam, and our practice exam, also CompTIA approved study material covers Windows and Unix related topics (the obvious example is OS hardening, but also PPTP, TCP wrappers, other OS specific protocols, file systems, etc.) Also, there are just a couple of questions about these topics.

2. We received very positive comments from people that passed the exam. RussS has simply done an excellent job writing these questions. I'm quite sure every practice exam we have online has 1 or 2 spelling errors. Usually, people that appreciate our efforts simply let us know so we can correct them. Instead of complaining about them because they failed the practice exam...

I've changed the effect to affect, as jrowe said: organisational / organizational can be spelt both ways (in US English it is with an 's') so there is nothing to correct there.
    I'm taking my studying elsewhere. Nice try, Techexams.
    Please do. Saves me the time from banning your account because of your choice of words in your other post.
    You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any... ....Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
  • Options
    curiocurio Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Having just passed Security+ I feel qualified to say that the free Beach Front Quizzer Beta exam more than covers the subject. I went through BFQ last night in study mode and got about 85% (I did all the questions - hundreds of them). The exam was no-where near as deep and I scored high. The things that worried me - the business concepts part - didn't seem to be in the exam. Mind you I was pretty wired taking the exam because all the negative feedback around had got me so worried I hardly slept last night!
    Good luck to you and if you can nail the BFQ I don't think you have too much to worry about (as long as you are testing your knowledge - not just memorising the answers).