Options

preparing for 2nd shot

juscallmebertojuscallmeberto Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey all, I'm currently regrouping in order to resit CCNA which i failed badly about 2 weeks ago, got a 700. Anyways i think i might have underestimated this exam ... and i didn't manage my time properly, I also skipped the simulator exam about OSPF that i got. I think i was prepared but i think this exam really wants you to really know the stuff and not just have a "good idea". I also notice that attention must be paid to detail.
Anyways i am at it again, found some new material and will be spending alot more time with my router sim. I am sure someone might have posted a similar post but i am basically asking for any kind of advice on this.
I noticed Todd Lammle's books are a favorite here and also material from Cisco. *I have the 4th edition from Mr. Lammle and the *INTRO and ICND books by Wendell Odom from Cisco press. I'll be using RouterSim for practicals..
Does that sound like a solid enough toolkit. I would appreciate any recommendations or study tips. I know most of the material however i am going over everything ... I was also looking online for maybe a study guide arranged in topics. example . IOS, OSI model, Layer2 switching .....

as i said, any feedback is welcomed. Thanks.

Berto.

Comments

• Options
    AceAllAceAll Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest you to go for Boson netsim since its more robust than any other network simulators.
    A is for academics, B is for beer. One of those reasons is why I'm not here. So leave a message
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The material you have should be enough,my advice is to read sybex first and when u need more detail move to cisco press.Dont foget to study nat as its not covered well in sybex.Routersim should be enough for CCNA but thats all.
    Good luck!
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$