Options

Passed CCENT!!

Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
Passed my first Cisco exam this morning and got my CCENT certification!! My score was an 850 on the exam and what a great feeling its been awhile.

Books/resources:
CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide 7th edition by Todd Lammle
CBT Nuggets by Jeremy Cioara
INE videos (somewhat dry but informative)
TechExams TechNotes
College hands-on experience with routers/switches

I'm moving onto the CCNA and will start next week but I'm taking a break for the rest of the weekend to celebrate by drinking and playing Bioshock Infinite!! icon_thumright.gif
*Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
*Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63

Comments

• Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Dak! Proud of you! Sounds like you had good hands on experience and used plenty of study materials. Glad it paid off. Keep up the momentum.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the pass, enjoy the victory :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congrats!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!!
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    LamplightLamplight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Working On: eCPPT
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

Celebrating with Bioshock Infinite, nice.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man!!!
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

And thanks for the feed back on study material.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 252 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    DB CooperDB Cooper Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its time to buzz the tower...
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Which exam did you take? the old one or the new one?
  • Options
    Which exam did you take? the old one or the new one?

I took the old exam as that is what my materials covered and I was very familiar with the content. I didn't want to buy new books, etc.. lol
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Congrats!!!

Celebrating with Bioshock Infinite, nice.

Thanks gotta celebrate in style!! :)

• Options
    PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    Congratz. I hope to celebrating as well :)
  • Options
    PCSPreston wrote: »
    Congratz. I hope to celebrating as well :)

Study hard and you'll do fine!! :)

• Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with ICND2!
  • Options
    jamthat wrote: »
    Congrats and good luck with ICND2!

Thanks I plan to take it within the next 3-5 weeks is my goal I'm targeting. I'll be using the same books/resources again :)

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey man congrats!
    Ive got the 70-680 coming up and then its on to the CCENT.

did you have a lab to play on?
  • Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    olaHalo wrote: »
    Hey man congrats!
    Ive got the 70-680 coming up and then its on to the CCENT.

did you have a lab to play on?

I used simulators in combination with my previous hands-on lab experience in school with routers/switches :)

• Options
    l3rushfir3l3rushfir3 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which topics in ICND1 did you see the most?
  • Options
    amcloneamclone Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome.. Congrats.. Good Luck with ICND2..
    Working on CCNP Switch.
  • Options
    dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Grats man! How did you find it compared to the N+? How long afyer taking the N+ did you take the exam?
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    dazl1212 wrote: »
    Grats man! How did you find it compared to the N+? How long afyer taking the N+ did you take the exam?

I took the Network+ back in 2009 I think its on a similar level as the CCENT basically with a Cisco flavor added to the mix

• Options
    dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Good stuff DG! I'm hoping to do mine in June then ICND2 in September.
    On to ICND2 now?
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Hey,
    Congrats on the pass... I have my scheduled in week's time. Can you tell me if tab (auto complete) is enabled in the test or no ?
    Thanks
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA