Options

Passed CCENT!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
    Which exam did you take? the old one or the new one?

Can you take the new exam now? or do you have to wait till after June?
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dazl1212 wrote: »
    Good stuff DG! I'm hoping to do mine in June then ICND2 in September.
    On to ICND2 now?

Yep I'm already in the process and I'm planning to take it at the end of May or early June!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    After I finish my CCNA I'm not sure what I will pursue cert wise next. I might just read some books for the time being on server virtualization, storage, and Linux to improve my existing skills and knowledge in those areas. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    After CCNA Security, I was thinking around these (CCNP or LPIC). I have also been thinking about the JNCIA lately. It's cheap and Juniper seems to be in many places. I think I'll also read a good book on VMware.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    After CCNA Security, I was thinking around these (CCNP or LPIC). I have also been thinking about the JNCIA lately. It's cheap and Juniper seems to be in many places. I think I'll also read a good book on VMware.

That sounds like a good plan. I was just looking and the JNCIA isn't too expensive. I did consider a course/class for virtualization but I rather read some books on Hyper-V/VMWare since its financially more affordable for me. Linux/Virtualization are the areas where I'm hoping to really start brushing up on. :)

• Options
    At one point, I was interested in the VCP. But when I saw it required the VMware course, that goal was over in a heart beat. As for the JNCIA, it's $50 after passing the test on Juniper Fast Track site, books are free also. GNS3 has JunOS support to. Shouldn't take to long to obtain either. I don't know where my LPIC goal went, I was studying for it, then somehow CCNA Security stole my interest more. I have to get back into it. Linux/Virtualization definitely has a ROI and will continue with strong demand.
  • Options
    At one point, I was interested in the VCP. But when I saw it required the VMware course, that goal was over in a heart beat. As for the JNCIA, it's $50 after passing the test on Juniper Fast Track site, books are free also. GNS3 has JunOS support to. Shouldn't take to long to obtain either. I don't know where my LPIC goal went, I was studying for it, then somehow CCNA Security stole my interest more. I have to get back into it. Linux/Virtualization definitely has a ROI and will continue with strong demand.

My exact thoughts with Linux/Virtualization and I was the same boat with interest in pursuing the VCP till I found out I had to take a course. icon_lol.gif

• Options
    dmcneil330dmcneil330 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wtg dakinggamer87!
    CCNP: SWITCH[X] ROUTE[] TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    dmcneil330 wrote: »
    wtg dakinggamer87!

Thanks!! :)

• Options
    Studying lots on NAT, IP v6, Frame Relay, and ACL's for my second exam!! :)

• Options
    CCNA scheduled for end of June either on June 22nd or 29th still deciding. I feel pretty prepared as I'm hitting over 90% on my practice exams thus far. :)

• Options
    Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Good luck!!!

Thanks buddy!! I will definitely pick up a new game if I pass perhaps Last of Us icon_lol.gif

• Options
    t5yll4t5yll4 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing! Nothing like celebrating w/ some Bioshock. Good luck on the ICND2. Stay focused, stay motivated!
    2015 Certification Goals:
    [ ] JNCDA (August), [ ] JNCIA-Junos (September), [ ] CCDA (pending), [ ] CCNP RS (tentative November)

"Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee
  • Options
    t5yll4 wrote: »
    Congrats on passing! Nothing like celebrating w/ some Bioshock. Good luck on the ICND2. Stay focused, stay motivated!

Thanks!! icon_thumright.gif

That's the plan I want to keep moving up the ladder.