Options

How many different practice exams do we have to take?

tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was taking SH total tester got around 83% and 84 % then the CCCorg 83% also took the isc2 practice exams at first was getting mid 50s then started getting 90s.

I purchased the transcender and took the first exam 250 questions and got 73%

It seems like I'm all over the chart. I feel like my brain is about to burst. lol

Comments

• Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Are you asking a question or are you just venting? LOL
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    Are you asking a question or are you just venting? LOL

+1 Practice exams are to gauge your knowledge of each domain. Focus on your lowering scoring domains and you should do ok on the exam
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tony71 wrote: »
    How many different practice exams do we have to take
    Good luck on your upcoming exam. The number of practice exams that you need is correlated to your own experience in security and confidence level. There are people that were able to successfully take the exam without practice exams and there are people that failed multiple times but persevered and eventually passed.

As you are taking those practice exams - perhaps try to see what domain areas you are weakest and then re-study those areas.

If you can afford it, take a boot camp even online CBT like the SANS 414 course.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I guess I'm venting. lol It seems telecomunication and software security is my weakest. One thing I don't want to do is read the SH book again that was just to much. The transcender exam is not bad it does give full details about the answers so that helps.
  • Options
    susenstoobsusenstoob Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was getting between 70-80 on cccure for most of my tests and I just passed today. So I think it seems to be a good benchmark
  • Options
    The last 2 weeks I been taking the Transcender getting good at it. lol
  • Options
    ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also do try Shon Harris questions.
  • Options
    I was taking the Shon Harris tester and it was getting easy and I wanted something more challenging and transcender seem to be alot more harder.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Its a comfort level thing. Some people want or need to take every possible quiz going. Others have read a single book, passed and moved on. Just depends on your learning style. Notice I don't say study but learning style.

For me, I am a quiz junkie. Give me all the quizzes possible. Makes me think hard about how to answer the question not so much knowing what to answer. The CISSP is much more about knowing how to figure the answer out rather than knowing what the correct answer really is. Think people want to make this particular exam too much into a nice neat square peg, square hole; round peg, round hole type of test - it often isn't. Many questions are much more mushy and require you to think about the answer rather than regurgitate a fact or two.

- beads