Options

Upgrade to A+ 2003

cyborgcyborg Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a question to ask: If say I have my A+ cert already (which of cos I do!! :) ), am I required to take the exam again to reflect the new requirements coming in the fall of 2003?? As in more like an upgrade sort of exam....or is it optional??

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nopers - once you have A+ you are certified (or like me, certifiable) and the only way you would lose that is breaking the confidentiality agreement.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i don't think comptia would object if you wanted to certify with each new set of objectives ($$$), and there are regulations concerning this (i think you are only allowed to re-certify once a year at the maximum) - but as a+ certification is for life, it is unlikely that i will want to do my a+ or network+ exams again.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    But don't think that when you're done that's it. Keep checking you're knowledge is current so that you are upto date. I'm sure that you would look stupid asking questions about XP if you passed 4 or 5 years ago and not bothered to continue to learn. It's active learning!!
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    oh yeah. i agree. you have got to keep abreast of developments and popular technologies. it's much easier for those in the industry, but it's important that those who haven't gotten in yet will keep up-to-date should an opportunity arise ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    cyborgcyborg Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all for your responses!! Glad to be Certifiable - For Life!!!!!!!!!! icon_cool.gif