Options

Starting my SSCP studies.

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
Let's do this. I am about to order a book off of amazon, read it, and then grab another and read it as well. I just set up my binder as well to stash all my notes in. I'm not sure on a date yet as to when I will take the test, but I should have a better time frame once I crack open the book and see how it sticks to my memory. It took me about 3 weeks total, from opening the book to taking the test, to pass the security+ exam with a score of 896. I come from a background of wanting to do graphic design as my career to going into networking. My interest in security is peaked and I can't get enough of it.

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    which one are you going to start with? I bought the All-in-one guide.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Darril's all in one guide, and I was thinking about getting the official one by ISC2 press.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Jasiono - good luck on the SSCP! Looks like you are taking a short detour from your WGU studies to get this cert. I am doing the same with CCNA at the moment before the current exam retires. A number of people on these forums have successfully obtained unrelated certification while pursuing their WGU studies, so go for it, man!
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    trooper1414trooper1414 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been a week into my SSCP Studies ...can we all create a small study group or something ...that would help all of us , since we are starting about the same time frame. I am using Darril`s AIO and Second Edition ISC2 CBK.
  • Options
    Thank you ivan.

How would a study group work out trooper? I would be all for it!
  • Options
    trooper1414trooper1414 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jasiono wrote: »
    Thank you ivan.

How would a study group work out trooper? I would be all for it!

I have never been a part of one frankly but something like a Google hangout or Skype where we can discuss quiz questions and stuff would be helpful and we can set targets for similar chapters ...to be done within a specified time period ...I really wanna clear my SSCP ...so i have to be serious about this :)
  • Options
    Hm. Is there a discussion which we can do in the style of a wiki or a forum? I can dedicate time on a daily basis, the only problem I have is the fact that my schedule always changes and I have a newborn daughter which I need to attend to at surprise moments :)
  • Options
    I placed my order on Amazon for my book a week ago and it JUST got sent out. This is the second time I have to wait 2-3 weeks to get my items shipped. Super saver 2 day shipping my ass.
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Jasiono wrote: »
    Super saver 2 day shipping my ass.

My trial worked for a couple of items I purchased !

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The AIO is a really good book. I was also thinking about getting the official guide by ISC2 but I saw that it had bad review so I wasn't sure if I should get it. There is another book by ISC2 that I saw on Amazon and it's for test questions. I'll post it up if I can find it when I get home.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    James,

I saw that same book by ISC2 and looked at the reviews, which were terrible. I went with Darril's since I had a good experience with his security+ book.
  • Options
    Just got my book and I must say that I am very surprised. The book is a lot smaller than anticipated.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Jasiono,

I agree with you. I look for Darril's books whenever I can because I know he provides good materials.

I did find this book on Amazon though:

The Official (ISC)2 SSCP Review Seminar Student Manual v10 [Paperback]
    http://www.amazon.com/Official-Review-Seminar-Student-Manual/dp/1449637345/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2DDB74G1H6RHZ&coliid=I2K5M4BV6G3JSR

I'm not sure how helpful it is because only one person wrote a review on it.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    shanestyleshanestyle Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It looks like I might start this as well, I was going to jump straight to CISSP but I will be in associate mode forever waiting to get the 4 year requirement. Makes more sense to get this done first. Jasiono, I was in the same boat, spent a week reading the darill book a year ago, then spent another week studying the darill book and reading it again and passed the sec+ last week.

Trooper / Jasinono add my skype "BizShanes" or email topsitee at gmail (two e's). We can colloborate up until test time. Do either of you have a test date goal?
  • Options
    Shane, I have to put this on hold for a while. I got enrolled into a CCNA course and need to finish it. Something I don't want to rush through.