Options

Passed CCENT..testing center was great

spyder manspyder man Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the CCENT. Thanks to all on here with post of encouragement and guidance!

My testing expearience was quite funny. Because I am taking this exam w/o the help and knowledge of my employer ( I want to roll in and slide my CCNA on the table of the boss one day), I had to take my exam on a Saturday. The Prometric center that only administered test on Saturdays was a "Adult Education Center" (GED Facility). I walked in 15 min prior to my appt and the lady says, "Are you here for your GED Exam?" I said no ma'am and that I would be challenging a Cisco exam. She said "Wow, we dont have too many people that come in here for those!" From there the center was very accommodating and even put me in a secluded area. It was what I needed as I have text anxiety.

Learned from:

CBT Nuggets
Chris Bryant
Wendell Odom (Not page for page)
subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online
Lazaro Diaz on youtube for subnetting for a diffrent angle

Next Stop, ICND2 before the deadline!

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads on the pass.

How long have you studied or should I say how long do you felt it took?
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    djlombadjlomba Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How are the chris bryant videos compared to CBT and INE?
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I like your plan with your employeer because I plan on doing the same thing. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. In my past experience I've always had trouble at smaller crappy "authorized" testing centers with 2-3 computers.
    I always make an effort to go to an "Official" Prometric testing center. I dont know about Pearson though.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    bub9001 wrote: »
    Congrads on the pass.

How long have you studied or should I say how long do you felt it took?

About 2 Calender months studying about 3-4 hours daily (no weekends). I had no networking expearience.
  • Options
    djlomba wrote: »
    How are the chris bryant videos compared to CBT and INE?

Chris Bryant - Detailed, thorough, and a bit dry at times. Speaks to you like a teacher and the pracitce sections were good.

Jeremey Ciora - Very informative, easy to understand, great examples, a little nerdy at times but overall good stuff. However, I will say that after I watched CBT nuggets and did some practice test, I wasn't where I needed to be. Chris Bryant filled the gaps.

INE- Not sure as I didn't utilize this series.
    pamccabe wrote: »
    Congratulations! I like your plan with your employeer because I plan on doing the same thing. icon_thumright.gif

Absolutely! No pressure. If I failed it, it was on my dime. Also, telling everyone the day before the exam adds stress. During the exam (if its not going well), you will be like "Damn, what am I gonna tell people when I fail this thing??"
    Congrats on the pass. In my past experience I've always had trouble at smaller crappy "authorized" testing centers with 2-3 computers.
    I always make an effort to go to an "Official" Prometric testing center. I dont know about Pearson though.

This place wasn't actually that bad. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I would highly suggest visiting the testing center so in your mind, you know what to expect.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    JasonP03JasonP03 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job! Good luck on CCNA.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

I also passed my CCENT this past weekend too

Good luck with the CCNA!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

I also passed my CCENT this past weekend too

Good luck with the CCNA!!

Congrads to you as well!
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the pass!!!
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @spyder man and @ Dakinggamer87 (or anyone for that matter).

Did either or both of you buy physical Cisco equipment? And if you did, would you have waited and just us a Sim Lab?

I am so stuck on buying a phsycial Lab vs Simulator.

Thanks in advance
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you sir. I plan on taking the ICND1 by the first part of May. I tried and failed twice to take the all in one. But I wish I would have swallowed my pride and taken the 2 test approach. Probably would have saved more time, money, and heart break in the process. But oh well live and learn. Question: Without giving away any info involving actual test questions. Can you give me an idea of how many simulation questions were on the CCENT cert you took? Thanks, Rod
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Can't wait to take this......
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□

Did either or both of you buy physical Cisco equipment? And if you did, would you have waited and just us a Sim Lab?

Thanks in advance

I used a simulator but I did have prior hands-on experience from college with routers/switches which definitely helped!! icon_smile.gif

Good luck let me know if I can help
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass. :)
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    No physical equipment for me. I use Packet Tracer for my labbing. Probably a disadvantage but I am working with what I have.

Thanks in advance

Rod-

I think you may have an advantage that you have sat for the 640-802 Exam. Reason being you have a general feel of what to expect. There are a couple of SIMS on the exam which can consist of multiple questions from problem. I have studyed so much and have done so many lab problems prepping for ICND2 that I have forgotten what was on the CCENT, lol. You will do ok, just understand the concepts and WHY they are initiated.
    Rodzilla G wrote: »
    Congrats to you sir. I plan on taking the ICND1 by the first part of May. I tried and failed twice to take the all in one. But I wish I would have swallowed my pride and taken the 2 test approach. Probably would have saved more time, money, and heart break in the process. But oh well live and learn. Question: Without giving away any info involving actual test questions. Can you give me an idea of how many simulation questions were on the CCENT cert you took? Thanks, Rod
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Big congrats for taking initiative on a big test like that!

The testing centers here can be strict. I found one that lets you take the test at any time of the day you scheduled it. I could come in 4 hours late or 3 hours early, they don't care.

Stick to the center you found, it seems as though they are great!

Good luck on your future endeavours.
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Congrats! Onward and upward!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats on the pass!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog