Options

CISSP Experience Requirements

danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello guys and gals, I have made up my mind and want to pursue the CISSP certification. I have recently passed my Security+ exam and want to continue in the information security field. I have almost 10 years experience in IT support, break/fix tech, helpdesk, etc. can that constitute as professional experience for the CISSP? Or does it have to be directly security? I don't want to do the associate aspect if I don't have to, can anyone please share any insight?, it is greatly appreciated thank you.
I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None

Comments

• Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Think about your individual responsibilities in your position, and how they might apply to any of the ten domains. Did you administer user accounts in Active Directory? That would apply to the Access Control domain. If you were in charge of backup/restore duties, that would apply to the BC/DR domain. Did you support installation/networking of security cameras? That would apply to the physical security domain.

Hope this helps you analyze your experience as it would apply to the CISSP requirements.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best thing to do is post your resume, minus personal info and actually employer names, and let current CISSP's evaluate and we will let you know yes or no. If you want to become one, you can take the test, become an Associate of (ISC)2, and you will have 6 years to gain the experience required for full CISSP status.

FYI When I was going through the audit phase, I asked my auditor about titles in a workplace, and she told me they don't care about titles only what your work experience reflects.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys I appreciate your guidance and wisdom!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    susenstoobsusenstoob Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, this site is extremely helpful isnt it!?
  • Options
    ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can check ISC2 site for details.