Options

Northrop Grumman

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've been applying to several high profile companies such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Northrop Grumman.

I applied to Northrop Grumman on Friday as 12PM midnight, and just received a rejection letter. In the rejection letter it says that I don't meet the requirements.

Normally, in my experience, a company will send this email out and be done with it.

I read the email since it was lengthy and they suggested that I apply to another position and linked me to it.

Is this normal for Northrop Grumman?

EMAIL:

Dear Jason,
We have received your online submission for the position of Cyber Security - New Graduate, requisition ID 13001037. We want to inform you that you do not meet the basic qualifications for this requisition. However, we have identified another requisition aligned with your academic pursuits and have matched you to that requisition. If there is interest in pursuing further discussions, a member of our recruiting team will contact you.

You are able to view your application status online through your candidate profile. If you would like to review your candidate profile, click here.

Thank you for your interest in Northrop Grumman and we wish you continued success in your future endeavors.
Best regards,

University Relations & Recruiting
Northrop Grumman Corporation

Comments

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Man...that's pretty nice of NG! If only all prospective employers were considerate enough to match you to a posting :)
  • Options
    Funny thing is is that I didn't even see the position they pointed me to, otherwise I would have probably gone for it instead. I'm shooting pretty high in my job submissions.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    that's pretty cool
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    If I were to get an offer and accept it, it would mean that I need to graduate with my Bachelors in a year form hire. That means 1 class a month, at LEAST.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Goodluck man I hope it all works out for you!
  • Options
    NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have three friends who've been working for NG as System Engineers and a Software Engineer for 3 years now here in New York. As of the next month or so they will be out of work because the Long Island site is being seriously downsized and their jobs were moved to San Diego. They were offered relocation packages but all three are staying and looking for jobs now
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's a pretty normal responce to get so I wouldn't read too much into it until you get a phone interview.
  • Options
    broli720 wrote: »
    That's a pretty normal responce to get so I wouldn't read too much into it until you get a phone interview.
    Sweet, thanks for letting me know. I thought it might have been normal. I think this is more professional in my opinion.
  • Options
    TheCudderTheCudder Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks legit, looks really similar to the letter I got saying that my resume and application is being reviewed. I started working for NG last year. Their recruiting / talent acquisition team was extremely helpful with everything from applying, setting up the interview and on-boarding process.
    Nyblizzard wrote: »
    I have three friends who've been working for NG as System Engineers and a Software Engineer for 3 years now here in New York. As of the next month or so they will be out of work because the Long Island site is being seriously downsized and their jobs were moved to San Diego. They were offered relocation packages but all three are staying and looking for jobs now

I hear this a lot. It seems NG always makes an attempt to place you into another contract if your contract is lost or cut backs must be made. A lot of defense contractors will just say sorry and good luck.
    B.S. Information Technology Management | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance (In Progress)
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If any contractor has open req's, they will be more than happy to direct you to those that you match well... they are losing money when those aren't filled.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    I read an article that stated some positions available at many companies are rarely posted to the public. That was great you were considered for another position. Go for it and good luck!
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Worth noting is that Northrop also has an excellent educational assistance program... Within their IS sector, there is no dollar cap on certifications. In most cases, as long as it's job related, they'll pay for both the training, and the associated certification attempt.
  • Options
    That's very good news. I was hoping they do. I'll keep applying and be consistent