Options

Need advice on certification path

IMpMPIMpMP Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good day guys/girls,

I am a project manager in charge of providing oversight to the development of multi-million dollar software projects....
My background is mostly project management and business oriented so I am looking for a certification to go along with my PMP and my ITILvF.

My project concerns the integration of a multi-component information system in the medical arena. I was thinking Network+ and/or Security+...

Not sure how much A+ would help me since it seems designed for folks working in hardware repair...

Any advice on a certification path to help me hold my own in managing the hordes of engineers working in my shop would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just with the small info you have provided, I believe these would be a good add-on to your list.

MBA (if you don't have one already)
    CSSLP (don't know if you currently work with the security side of your software projects)
    Security+ (a great starting point for security related IT)
    Network+ (probably might skip this unless you are interested in basic networking items)
    A+ (skip)
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    swapnikaswapnika Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello to all,
    i am currently pursuing Master of technology in Network security and hold Comptia a+ and N+ certs alongwith CCNA R_S. now i don"t have any clue to which area i should move whether i should go for CCNP R_S or CCNA security or CCNA voice. i am intrested in security but people say that job oppurtunities are very less in this area.... need your guidance.
    thanks in advance