Options

Wish me luck on my interview tomorrow

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
This is a positions focused on the business side of one of the biggest beer companies in the world. It will be providing data analysis along with Excel and Access support for the sales and marketing teams. This is strictly a business role, but I am excited to transition to this side of the house.

I'm sitting on a short term contract and no promises have been made so I have to do this for myself and family. There is a two part interview process one with the hiring manager and one with the team.

So again please wish me luck this is a big time career changer for me. Heavy lean on supply chain management and category management.

I'll keep you all posted.

A few things I wanted to run by the forum.

1st I was thinking about bringing my iPad into the interview for note taking instead of a old school paper and pen. Thoughts?

Wearing a suit no worries there.

I've done research on the company's mission statement and corporate initiatives and strategies. Of course capturing the financials as well. (Revenues and market share)

I'm nervous, but isn't that the fun part?!

Comments

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Good luck bro, I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park!

Along with your technical skills you should offer up beer analysis icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    ITdude84ITdude84 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck brother, wish you the best. Family always come first
  • Options
    Thanks Dood!

Heading to bed it will be a fairly early morning. All the documentation and resumes are printed and ready to roll. iPad and executive portfolio is present as well. Suit is pressed and I have my favorite tie ready to go full windsor!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Free beer!!

Knock it out the park will ya!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    SlayerXSlayerX Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Pawtucket Brewery! Tell Peter griffin I say hi, hahah. Best of luck to you on your interview
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Good luck!Seems you prepared well and I think the iPad thing is not such a bad idea. We will have an insider in a brewery, yey icon_lol.gif Let us know how it goes.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Sure thing full report later today/evening.

Ciao!
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Blessings on the interview and knock their socks off!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Is it me, or does it seem like you've had many jobs in the past 2 years? I swear every 6 months you are going into another interview. ;)

Good luck.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah it does look like he is always going for interviews but I think he's been doing contract work for the most part.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Goodluck today!
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll wish you luck, but not because you need any of it.

Your right about the nervousness being part of the fun.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    I do interview a lot that's due to the fact I work a lot of short term contracts 3-6 months usually. I like new adventure and discovery, however if I found the right job I would stick to it. This is one of those that has serious possibility of being a long term deal 3 - 5 years, at least I am hoping for.

Keep in mind not all the interviews I go to I nail. I'm human and get passed over for some of these jobs. I have a few on my plate. Project manager position and a business analyst but data and the business side is my thing so this is my favorite of the 3. I'm currently on week 8 of a 12 week contract I think it maybe time to look for another b even though my boss isn't happy with me :)
  • Options
    ITdude84ITdude84 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like that, good way to stay well rounded. And really its all about finding your niche. I have read some people do nothing but contract work and make a really good living doing so. Plus they pick up all kinds of experience. Plus lets say you get into a company you really like (IE Google :) ) then you are set. In the end, you do what makes you happy.
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck...keep us posted.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck to you!
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Good luck mate!
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    It looks like your luck pulled me through to the 2nd and final round. It went well I'd say a 9 out of a 10. The place is a palace and the people all looked so happy!

I'm would be honored to be apart of this industry. I let them know too.

I was honest with my abilities with VBA, however they loved my Excel skills and solution/forward thinking. I/m looking at 1 -2 weeks before my next round. However the hiring manager and I got along and everything. Same highschool etc.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great job. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park on the next round.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    Thanks PT it means a lot.

My next two weeks will be dashboard building and VBA within Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Laser focus - :)
  • Options
    UniqueAgEnTUniqueAgEnT Member Posts: 102
    Good work N2IT!!
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nice job! Way to go! Im sure it is going to be a dream position for you!
  • Options
    MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    Well done, congrats
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hope you get it dude. You've always been a helpful person online and I can imagine how you are in person.

You got it dude!
  • Options
    NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't even know you IRL and I'm genuinely happy for you, weird.
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done, Patrick! Keep us updated :)
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just saw this Pat, good job on the first interview and good luck on the second one!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Are you going to be in the vicinity of any beer at all??? This should have been one of your first questions you asked them during the interview. icon_cool.gif
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???