Options

Wgu and Java cert?

neemo6neemo6 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I plan on attending wgu in a couple months for the software track. I work like to know if this track prepares you for the OCPJ cert or does it prepare you for another cert?

Comments

• Options
    serialvserialv Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Java cert at WGU is now for the 1Z0-803 (Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer). I'm currently enrolled in the IT-Software program with 3 semesters left after this one.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    serialv wrote: »
    The Java cert at WGU is now for the 1Z0-803 (Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer). I'm currently enrolled in the IT-Software program with 3 semesters left after this one.

Does WGU actually have you prep for the tests? When I was attending, they relied on their own internal coursework. I would tell folks, though, that the older Java Intro/Object Programming courses provide a good foundation for Oracle exam studies but don't wait. . . if you go too long without using the Java you learned, it will take you longer to "relearn" it for an Oracle exam.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers