Options

70-290 Study Resources and Practice Exams

Hey guys,

I just started studying for the 70-290 after passing my 70-270 yesterday.

I need some advice on the what are the best study guides and which exam practice software most resemble the questions that I'll see on the actual test because the practice software I used for 70-270 was all over the place although only one was very similar to the actual exam.

-Frank

Comments

• Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I basically think that Transcenders comes close to the exam. I have been using 'learnkey' video based training and 'CBTNuggets' too. Books that seemed to be quite good are 'Sybex' and 'Ms press'.

GOOD LUCK :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    gbhpboygbhpboy Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing 270, good job.

For 290 I used MS Press book, 'cos it had labs, and Exam Cram 2, 'cos it condensed information.

I used MeasureUp and Transcender, and as GBAGIRL says, Transcender was the business. Transcender are due to have simulators for 290 and 291 in September, with free upgrade of you buy now. I bought the Transcender tests for 291 today, in fact.

Good luck with your studies. :)
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Congratz on passing 70-270. Well i am studying 70-290 also right now and planning to make it before 12 september. Books that i am using is Sybex and exam cram. I would like to point out some things. Sybex doesn't cover everything. I am studying now and what i see it misses are the command prompt utilities ( dsget , dsadd etc) It misses also authoritive restore & non authoritve restore. and several other things too. Well this time i am not so happy with my sybex. But let me mention something SYBEX 70-290 got 620 pages from cover to cover means 10 chapters and 10 practice exams of 5 means 50 pages for practice questions. Also you got info about the glossary and thats about 40-60 pages. Means the book contains 500 pages of information. But recently i saw a SYNGRESS 70-290 that contains 1025 pages. and if you do a minus of 100 for practice question and glossary you get almost 900 pages of info.

WEll evrybody this is just a thought . I know some people are not gonna be like my opinion. But its just a conclusion i take