Options

cisco exams

djlombadjlomba Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm taking my first cisco exam soon and was wondering if cisco questions were straight forward or if they were worded in ways to trick you?

Is it "you either know it or you don't"

or

you could know it but be tricked into the wrong answer

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It's a little of both. The questions aren't straight up going to try and trick you, but attention to detail is a must.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's a little of both. The questions aren't straight up going to try and trick you, but attention to detail is a must.
    I have my test in a week and asked this before too. I am taking the Odom practice tests from his DVD and at first was upset they seemed just like trick questions. I wanted to be tested on knowledge, not my reading comprehension. However, they are really helping with my understanding the concepts, so it is a welcome change. AT least going into the exam I'm going to make sure I read and understand the question before winging it.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Just like networker said, attention to detail is key. It is not unlikely for Cisco to test more than one thing with a single question so you need to know your stuff!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.