Options

What is the correct answwer.....

jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
How can you access the Device Manager?

A)
Select Start, Settings, Control Panel and then double-click on Device Manager.

B)
Select Start, Settings, Control Panel, System and then click on the Device Manager tab.

C)
Select Start, Settings, Control Panel, System; click on the Hardware tab; and then click on Device Manager.

D)
Select Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools and then select Device Manager.

They say the answer is:

Answers

B)

Select Start, Settings, Control Panel, System and then click on the Device Manager tab.

I say the answer is "C". They don't tell you what OS this is on.
GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    It sounds like 2000 is the OS, as that is the procedeure to get there. I would also say the answer is C. A is wrong, there is no DM icon, B is only partially correct, and D's path does not exist. Where did you see this question?
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I agree with you.

I got this question from Exam Cram2. It was the Exam Cram2 question of the day.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I use QOD, which is pretty much the same, just from a different company. I get a lot of wrong questions, or some are worded incorrectly, or they're more than one correct answer.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    C is the correct answer.
    There is no Device Manager Tab in the system properties. It is the hardware tab, then you click on Device Manager button.
    It looks like they have it wrong.
  • Options
    darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    It depends the answer might be "B" if they are using Windows 95, 98, ME
    because in these OS the steps to access device manager would be

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager Tab

But if you talk about WinNT, or 2000, or XP, then the correct option would be option "C" because in these OS the steps would be

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager button.

I guess you people are too much into NETWORKING OS'es icon_lol.gif

But honestly, i guess the question is framed incorrectly, they should mention the OS for sure.
    321hahaha.jpg
  • Options
    I agree with you 100% - they should have mentioned an OS. I stated this in my first post.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    XP could be eliminated as the target OS by default. Unless you implicitly set the start menu to classic there is no setting option in XP. The control panel option is directly on the start menu in a standard install. A second option is to right click on my computer and select properties eliminating going to the control panel all together. A third option is start-->run-->sysdm.cpl

Options two and three also work on 2000, I don't remember on 98SE or ME. WinME always gave me hives so I stay away from it. :)
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    TheShadow wrote:
    WinME always gave me hives so I stay away from it. :)

Me too icon_lol.gif
    321hahaha.jpg