Anyone familiar with the Dell OptiPlex 9010?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I'm currently working off of small form factor 7010 i5, but this OptiPlex 9010 has the touchscreen and a i5vpro processor. I think the 9010 processes large datasets a lot faster.

I am thinking about making this my data machine, however the monitor is so awesome that I love it for creating documentation.

Anyone familiar with this piece of hardware? For some reason my boss just dumped this machine on my desk and said have at it. I know part of the reason is the WMI script I run eat a ton of resources, since I run multiple concurrently.

Tough call.

Comments

• CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nope, can't say that I am. I'm rolling with an Optiplex 790 myself. We have a mix of 3010 (For the weak, and the fan is loud) as well as 7010s out in the wild.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe we use to have some Optiplex's, mostly 745's and 780's...but we just rolled out some sweet M82 lenovo's :)
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    We use them, they have been great machines. Albeit they are early in their lifecycle.
  • IndyLovelessIndyLoveless Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We have two 9010's at our work, used for heavy x-ray scanning and 3d modeling. Heavy workhorse machines.
  • SponxSponx Member Posts: 161
    Eh, mostly working on the O7010's right now, unless it's for our SE teams and so forth. Not cool enough for the 9010's yet, :P
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | Spiceworks Account | Field Services Engineer

Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's my second machine, I love the display it really clean and great for documentation, but the processing power is far greater than my 7010 SFF.
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We run the whole optiplex line. Not alot of the 9010's though as i don't find a material difference in speed if it has a SSD and we're an autocad heavy company.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I worked with 50 of them as of late. My work had a convention and we made a touchscreen kiosk solution using Windows 8. So far they are great computers. The DVD drive is lack luster to say the least. Should have been a slot drive like the Imac. However replacing the internals on the 9010's is lightyears easier than an Imac. If you don't have one already you can put in a SSD or 2 since there is room and also throw in more ram if its not already maxed out.

All in all its a great computer. I only dealt with the 23" 1080p model.