One week till CCENT...

wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ok I have 1 week tomorrow till my exam, trying to cram everything in!

I bought boson exams and im getting around 750-850 marks. I've not done very much labbing and keep falling down on the commands and some troubleshooting so im spending the whole weekend pure labbing, early starts and late finishes!

Topics to lab will be, IOS commands/Routing/DHCP/DNS/NAT/Security/WAN and maybe a bit of wireless then I'm going to review my notes. That list sounds like I know nothing but I'm getting some of the questions wrong but most right. Just need to reinforce!

Its gonna be close I think!

Is it advised to do nothing the night before?

Also im hoping these boson tests are accurate because feel like after the weekend I should get 850-900 mark.

Comments

• HectorPHectorP Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Personally, I study up to the night before and hit the major key points. I do make sure I stop with enough time to get a good night's rest. I've known people who study flash cards right up to the test time but I think that would induce a brain fart.
    Best of luck. I'm sure you'll pass.
  • GorbyGorby Member Posts: 141
    Good luck I plan on taking the CCENT the first week in May. Let us know if you pass it.
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah I wouldnt study the day of the test, want to be fresh. I might look at my notes the night before I think, nothing too heavy. Good luck Gorby too, yeah I will post on here if I pass, the forum is a big help.
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    I studied right up until I pulled into the parking lot of the test center. It's all personal preference, don't force yourself to not study the night before if it makes you more comfortable. The days leading up to the exam should be used to make sure you're confident when you sit down for the test. Forcing myself to not study the night before would have left me in agonizing pain :D

I would say make sure you know all of the show commands if you haven't done much labbing. Those will prove useful on probably every simulation you get.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
    Yeah you're right, if there is something I feel I need more time on I will make sure I know it. Quite excited actually, will be really scared on the day though ha!
  • JoeBirdsJoeBirds Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I personally wouldn't spend any time on NAT other than the 4 second configuration of it via the SDM. Configuring NAT on the command line is not tested on the older version of the CCENT (which I assume you're taking). Same for DHCP.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • dmcneil330dmcneil330 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I would just focus on understanding how networks work. Visualize a packet flowing between devices and all the encapsulation/de-encapsulation that happens along the way. This is the key at least for ICND v1
    CCNP: SWITCH[X] ROUTE[] TSHOOT[]
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Good luck and don't overdo it the day of the test.I'd make sure I had enough sleep and also to not be too stressed.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    Thanks for the advice, the boson has been asking me dhcp questions so was wondering about this. Although I have heard that some say boson is harder? Feel like im almost there, need to focus this weekend.

CCENT has taken me around a month and a half to study for, is that the time I should place for ICND2 after I complete ICND1 do you think? Provided I pass of course...
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Most people consider ICND2 harder, including me. I'd say it is more difficult than ICND1 but go through the topics, try to get a feel of them and decide for yourself. I definitely prepared longer for ICND2.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just completed the CCent today.
    The practice simulator will be of some help.

know Sub-netting.!
    know the show commands to help answer sim questions

HINt: "show ?" show all the show commands at privilage prompt only
    "?" in the CLI is your friend. This will help you greatly when navigating the command line.

*Study the Exam objectives. Ask your self questions while looking over them

***Most Important!! If you feel you are not ready for the exam, you can cancel up to 24 hours before the test or just reschedule. Remember you are taking this exam on your schedule. No one else

I studied until I was board silly then went on and took the exam.

May the Cisco with YOU :D
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    I have mine scheduled for next Saturday bro..
    Good luck to you.
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Practice subletting a bit and relax!
    You gonna rock. ;)
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
    Thanks :) Studied so hard this weekend, access-list (actually wrote that like this been doing it so much hah!), dhcp, ios commands, troubleshooting, nat. Only topics left is STP and WAN, done them but not practiced them. I'm pretty quick at subnetting now but gonna do more just to get it down. Nearly ready!
  • showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Access-Lists? Those are key for ICND2. ICND1 didn't even come close to touching access-lists for me. Subnetting? I had 2 questions if that for me. I was way over prepared for ICND1 (not a bad thing) but that test was easier than I thought it would be. Put it this way, by question 25 I knew I would pass. Took me 35 minutes to take that test, and that was only because I was checking out a hot chick sitting in front of me....You will ace this with ease if you are already studying up on access-lists. Hell you might as well sit for the CCNA!
    Haha yeah I'm studying for multiple sources and they seem to differ! Yeah suppose thats good then if I'm familiar for some ICND2 topics! I'm doing the boson exams and passing now anyway, might take ICND2 pretty soon after.