Options

Elearnsecurity new Web App security course info

YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
Here is the syllabus for the new course and it will be available on April 29th grin.gif

http://www.elearnsecurity.com/collateral/syllabus_wapt.pdf

Comments

• Options
    jasong318jasong318 Member Posts: 102
    Shut up and take my money! :) Good find, looks like an interesting course
  • Options
    JasonP03JasonP03 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sale price is decent too, $99 for the web app security course.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Buying it for sure!

I bought the Studentv2 and the Professional v2 courses that just got updated. I am still working on the Student v2 course and I think its a really good buy. For $99 this course is a steal, just by looking at the syllabus I can see all the valuable information.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    How do you know this course is $99? All I saw in the email was that they were going to give current students a discount.

*Edit: $99 seems awfully cheap, I would almost feel bad buying the course at that price...but then again, if this is true, the labs must be expensive.
  • Options
    elearnsecurityelearnsecurity Inactive Imported Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think a clarification is necessary since false information is gaining traction over here.

The training course will NOT cost $99.
    $99 is the price of the Coliseum WAS360 30 days package. Even this price will be increased soon.

Coliseum WAS360 labs will be a fraction of the labs present in the new WAPT course.

Regards
  • Options
    I knew $99 couldn't be true, thanks for clearing that up Armando.
  • Options
    Either way the class with be worth every penny! Looking forward to its release!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
  • Options
    For who's interested, the course comes out on Monday April 29th.
  • Options
    I just got another email from elearnsecurity. Current/"newish" students will get 50% off the web app course....which means I'm 95% sure I'm getting the course now.

They're having a webinar on April 29th @ 1:00 PM EST for their course debut. https://elearnsecurity.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/305/abeaeae745b1fef2/1951639/0156edc9402e097e
  • Options
    I bought the course yesterday. I'll let you guys know how it is.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Please let us know - I am interested as well.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    blaker00blaker00 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please let me know how this course is.

Thanks so much
  • Options
    BOOM! purchased as well! 50% discount for current students! I am excited! I now have all three classes and I am still in the middle of the Student course which is amazingly awesome in my opinion. Then there is so much new information in the professional level course! and now all this new in on the WAPT course! LOL! i love it!

Student v2
    Professional v2
    WAPT

I have lost interest in OSCP for the moment but its a future goal eventually lol
  • Options
    Hey Chris,

I currently have all three as well. I'm finding 50% or more of the WAPT material is also in the Pro course, so I can see why they gave us 50% off, nevertheless, I'm learning a lot.

P.S. Make sure you go over HTML, JavaScript, PHP, and SQL before you start the course..it will definitel help.

Along with the course, I am using:
    *Web App hacker's Handbook
    *Beginning PHP 5.3 book
    *random Javascript book
    *Google videos on XSS, injections, any other web app attacks I can find.
    * Hack.me (website)
  • Options
    I agree, however I am not even touching the WAPT course until I have a very good grasp on what is on the Student and Pro course. I am talking about going through the material like 2 times each before I reach the WAPT. I had a rough time on the coding part of the student course that I need to run though it again. C and python i am understanding more and more but I need to really apply it more in order for me to consider that I have a good grasp on it.

I too have the web hackers hand book 2nd Ed. and Grey Hat hacking 3rd Ed should also help. So much information for the entire year so I am taking it one class and one book at a time. Hack.me looks great too, I know elearnsecurity is pushing it a lot, so I will hop over there as well.

Fun stuff for sure!
  • Options
    datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @ Yuckthefankees & chrisone... any more updates on the training? How are the labs? I'm still trying to sort out the difference between Coliseum and Hera virtual labs on the website.

Thanks
  • Options
    dbrinkdbrink Member Posts: 180
    Coliseum is the web application hacking virtual labs and Hera is the network hacking labs. With Hera you will VPN into your lab environment they host. Coliseum spawns a website for each scenario that you hack away at.
    Currently Reading: Learn Python The Hard Way
    http://defendyoursystems.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    r0ckm4nr0ckm4n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I purchased the course and it's a very good course. I had to put it on hold to get the OSCP training and certification completed. I didn't want to pass up the 30% discount that was offered during the launch webinar.
  • Options
    azmattazmatt Member Posts: 114
    How is the OSCP going rock?
  • Options
    r0ckm4nr0ckm4n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    azmatt wrote: »
    How is the OSCP going rock?

It's going, azmatt. If I could only pass the exam. I was very close the last two times, I had two shells and only needed one more server.
  • Options
    pythlanxpythlanx Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there YuckTheFankees,
    [h=5][/h]I've just joined the forum and I came across your post. I to am thinking of taking the WAPT course but from what you are saying the Pro course covers a lot of the same ground as the WAPT course? The reason I was thinking of taking the WAPT course is because my current employer has a large cloud presents world wide. And in my role as a software tester I think the WAPT would be of great benefit to me and them. I have a lot experience testing all types of systems and can code in a wide range of languages (Java, python, ruby, javascript Lua etc) to a good level and I also have a good understanding of HTML, CSS, PHP etc. So really what I am asking is should I take the Pro course instead of the WAPT if more than 50% of the material is covered by the Pro course?