Options

Microsoft partners say Windows 8 caused ‘millions of customers’ to switch to Apple

2»

Comments

• Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    powerfool wrote: »
    You can use your mouse with it... it works just fine. Now, it is optimized for touch... I want touch on it... it would be silly to get a new system without touch, period.

Don't you realise how arrogant that is? I bought a cheap laptop for my wife; she wants to use a photo viewing program and check her emails. The kids want to play some games. We want a proper keyboard, not some idiotic LCD touch screen.

You can argue that the tiles are just a variation on the Start menu or that it's a better UI or whatever; truth is, we found it so frustrating that we're just not interested. I wanted to get a new laptop (they only come with Win8 ) and just start using it, not wonder where the hell anything is. My wife wouldn't touch it until I installed the Classic Start program and disabled Metro.

I understand what MS are doing by having the 1x UI for all platforms and they want to change our way of thinking but guess what, alot of us simply don't want it, no matter how superior you say Metro is. And on a server?? You seriously expect me to buy that?
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    powerfool wrote: »
    Maybe he is German and is having a hard time determining what is a noun and what isn't?

I am German and I know the bloody difference.

Microshaft can't even handle their senior staff ... just a matter of time until they realize that Balmer needs to go.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently got a new Laptop and immediately installed shell on it and i can see why people are switching. Way to go MS, you screwed up big time. Did they actually thought people were going to love W8? Maybe on tablets it makes sense but not on Laptops and PCs. The populace will continue to resist.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why didn't Microsoft release two versions

Windows 8 Touch edition complete with the crappy new interface
    Windows 8 Professional - Desktop + start menu no tiles!

One would be geared towards the Phone / tablet / touch market the other would be aimed at the desktop. I am not going to sit here and defend the new user interface I'm sure it works alot better on touch / tablets. This I don't really care about myself anything tablet based I either run Android or iOS. I would never ever consider owning a Windows Phone or couldn't give a damm about the Surface pro so why the hell do I need my desktop to look like something that resembles a home decorating paint chart.

I currently run Windows 8 on the desktop it boots directly to the desktop with that s**ty interface turned off and I have a start menu. Performance wise what is there not to like? it's a faster more secure version of 7.

I have lost count of the amount of users who are reverting back to Windows 7 I do not blame them either from a desktop point of view with this new UI it's a pile of junk.
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "