Options

Which book better for ccent subnetting?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Guys,

Which book is better for explaining subnetting? Wendell odom or Todd lammle.
I bought odom recently and while having a quick look through the table of contents noticed odom has
3/4 chapters on subnetting and lammle only has one. Which is better?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    Guys,

Which book is better for explaining subnetting? Wendell odom or Todd lammle.
    I bought odom recently and while having a quick look through the table of contents noticed odom has
    3/4 chapters on subnetting and lammle only has one. Which is better?

Thanks

I honestly learned from the 'subnetting made easy' thread and others on this forum, then practiced on subnettingquestions.com. I would type any questions I got wrong into a subnetting calculator and figure out why I got it wrong.

I personally had trouble learning (how to subnet) from either of those books, but after pulling from different sources and kind of 'developing my own style', I've noticed that it's closer to what Lammle teaches....so my vote goes for him :D
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok cool, how long did ccent take you in total.?
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Neither. I used: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/38772-subnetting-made-easy.html

So easy to understand and only 5 pages or so. I then practiced with subnettingquestions.com
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    Ok cool, how long did ccent take you in total.?

Took me almost exactly a month. I finished Net+, took about a week off, then went straight into CCENT.

It's also worth mentioning that I probably had about a weeks worth of additional slack-off time during that month..so I think it could be done in less, depending on how dedicated you are.
    j.petrov wrote: »
    Neither. I used: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/38772-subnetting-made-easy.html

So easy to understand and only 5 pages or so. I then practiced with subnettingquestions.com

Glad to see I'm not the only one..that thread really is amazing!
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Also check out the stuff on youtube. A lot of material on subnetting, free of course and made simple.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Jeremy Cioara from CBT Nugget.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    If those 2 books are my only option for learning subnetting I choose Lammle. For every other subject covered in the CCENT I choose Odom.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Only CCENT subletting? Odom's book, Lammle's book are videos from CBT Nugget would be more than enough, if not overkill.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security