Options

CCNA Voice LAB

2»

Comments

• Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a couple of the first generation vwic-1mft-t1 in a 2811 and they work fine.

ITDad:
    I'd recommend researching all these modules and what they are needed for instead of ordering blindly. It's all part of the learning process.
  • Options
    ITDadITDad Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    davenull,

I agree with you 101%. Thanks for the positive input.

I ordered 2 x VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 from ebay. I couldn't resist it, because the price was good. Also, one of the reasons I decided to go the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 is that it supports CCP (Cisco Configuration professional), even though I believe the entire CCNA security can be done using GNS3...
  • Options
    I received the 2 x VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 and installed and worked

Also, I got 4 x WIC-1T and worked with no problem.

Next step is to upgrade my IOS and plan the design/topology of my LAB...then configure it...

Thanks
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    davenull wrote: »
    I have a couple of the first generation vwic-1mft-t1 in a 2811 and they work fine.

Same here. I'm using a VWIC-1MFT-T1 (Cisco 2801) and VWIC-2MFT-T1 (Cisco 2811) and they worked just fine on the CLI and in CUCM (MGCP). The UC520 requires VWIC2s from what I've read and though I haven't confirmed this it has been said CCP only supports VWIC2s.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    Try to get the latest IOS that you can, and the most feature rich. i.e. 12.4 advanced enterprise services. IPVoice will do you, but this only covers voice config so its not very useful for say a Route/Switch lab.

If you are running 2811 try getting your hands on v15 as this is what is used in CCNP/CCIE

All the best in your studies!
  • Options
    Last night i tried to upgrade the IOS>> from 12.4x to 15.x I downloaded c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.m9.bin

But was unable to upgrade, I received an error message saying not enough space.

My current memory is 64/cf/ 256 mem

I ordered 4 x 512 memory and 4 x 64 cf from ebay.

This Link is good read for Cisco IOS 15.0 and 2800 series Memory Recommendations Cisco IOS Software Release 15.0 Feature Sets and Memory Recommendations for Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers - Cisco

CORRECTION: I meant I ordered 4 x 512 memory and 4 x 256 cf from ebay

Thanks
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    you need at minimum 128mb flash and 512mb RAM for v15.0 to run on ISR Gen 1 routers....

64Mb flash will not cut it, sorry to say but 64mb flash is not worth purchasing at all.

It's all referenced in the IOS requirements for the release.