Options

Icnd1 passed!

goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
First attempt failed by a few points, second attempt solid passed.

Best advice I can give is try to pass it on the first try. It seem like the second try was harder. Probably because anxiety icon_smile.gif

What helped me pass
1)Cisco Net academy(200icon_cool.gif Curtsey of last Bachelors of Science Degree earned. Re-read all of Cisco Exploration. Taking notes using Microsoft OneNote. Towards the last 2 chapters of Cisco Exploration decided to take exam in 2 parts.

2)Purchased Cisco press Official Cert guide 3rd edition ICND1. I love how the test objectives are shown at the end of each unit. This helped tremendously when I failed the ICNd1 the first time icon_sad.gif. I quickly study exactly where I was week in. Then studied all exam objectives. Took the exam 1 week later.
3)IT Pearson Test Simulator challenged me with the exhibits Questions and Multiple choice. The official Cisco exam questions were easier then the Pearson simulator. Only thing I didn't like about the Pearson Test simulator is that it didn't have simulations like Net academy, and it didn't tell you how many choices to choose when it came to a Multiple choice question.

4) Packet Tracer . helped greatly with simulations. It officially comes with the Net Academy. However it can be easily obtainable through the internet for free.

Now on to ICND2 icon_smile.gif
The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and takes for info on what you used to pass!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
    Congrats golden-light, Get studying quick and thorough for ICND2 while its still the current exam buddy.
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Hey,
    Congrats on the pass... I have my scheduled in week's time. Can you tell me if tab (auto complete) is enabled in the test or no ?
    Thanks
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "?" mark works perfectly. The Most Powerful key on the exam Couldn't get the tab (auto complete) to work..
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!!
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□