Options

Failed 70-680 once again

biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I took my second shot for Windows 7 today and failed again. This time I scored a 534 and did better on all of the sections I had trouble with the first go round. I am rescheduling for the first week of June, and i am starting the Poulton book completely over. I didn't lab exactly like it says to in the book, so I am going to go through the entire book chapter for chapter this time and doi all of the labs. I figured if I could take the "Do you know this " tests at the start of the chapter and if I could answer the questions I was good to go past the chapter. Needless to say I won't make that mistake again.

I will not let this get me down, I will pass next time. I am shooting for a perfect score the next go round.

Thanks for listening to my rant,
Gene

Comments

• Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I have been there myself, Just gotta keep trying at it. Any category that stands out on the exam for you? I am taking it Monday and will be doing final reviews. Would be nice to hit the right topics. No need for specifics (NDA and all that jazz).
  • Options
    Deploying Windows 7, Configuring Access to Resources, and Configuring Mobile Computing were definite stand outs on my exam today. Last time was about the same from what I remember.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Great... The most exciting parts of Windows 7! Thanks for the heads up. Keep at it, eventually we will be able to conquer this beast.
  • Options
    JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    What do you feel you were lacking? I am nervous but excited about taking my exam next week. I have played with computers since the trash 80. I love DOS! Some seemed to think the exam is easy and others that its a monster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I felt like I didn't know enough about command line for sure. Other than that I did pretty well I thought, just needed to do some labbing to reinforce everything I already know. My worst section this time was configuring mobile computing, ironically thats the section I scored 100% on last time.
  • Options
    sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Having just passed 70-680 I would say this.

When you are reading the book, every time a new tool, program is talked about, write them down and really know what each do, and how they differ from the others.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on your next attempt. Ill be taking this within a month too.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i failed it twice already, it's pretty brutal.. gearing up for the third attempt now
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    DavidHoffmanJrDavidHoffmanJr Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck Mike, hope you pass!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is a tough exam, so don't be too hard on yourself. Lab through the objectives and practice the command line until you are comfortable and you'll be good to go.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Keep at it. This is a great certification IMO > the CompTIA trifecta. Defiently harder than all 3 combined.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about rescheduling my exam because on the don poulton but I scored a 620 something the second go round on the exam CD. Labbing at this point I have down pat as far as deployment, usmt and vhd's however I am lacking knowledge in everything else that kinda can't be labbed. Good luck to ya on your next attempt. I have a free retake but I don't want to waste either one. Thoughts from anyone would be well needed and greatly appreciated. The weird thing is all I do is study and most of the questions are tricky icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Passed today but barely with a 700. It was my first time taking it. Good luck to all. On to the 70-686 now. icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Congratulations on the pass man.
  • Options
    @biggene thanks bro!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RmortRmort Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OMG I don't get it I have done this stupid thing three times now the first exam was 668 then 644 TODAy 600 God I feel like such a loser on this.... sorry had to rant. not sure I am going do it again yet I need a brake... Rod
  • Options
    Rmort wrote: »
    OMG I don't get it I have done this stupid thing three times now the first exam was 668 then 644 TODAy 600 God I feel like such a loser on this.... sorry had to rant. not sure I am going do it again yet I need a brake... Rod
    Keep at it.

Congrats JayBlisk. 700 score? Wow you must have been happy to see that! I had one close call and it was a sigh of relief to me.
  • Options
    @olaHalo yeah a dang 700. I was super happy even though I would have like to have done better. I got 100% in deployment and the 686 is mostly deployment so I feel kinda confident on taking my 686 Monday. This ms press book to me is a better read than the 680 Don Poulton 680 book.Even though the Don Poulton book was a great book. Good luck to all.@Emory keep it up you'll get it and like Psoasman said lab lab lab. icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ^^^Yup. Lab through multiple sources. I also pulled a 700 on this one.
  • Options
    @Jayblisk
    I hear you man. Barely passed today myself with a 740.
  • Options
    Failed the 686 today with a 592. I guess that's not horrible considering i only studied for two weeks. I have a free retake and I will be using it before the 31st. icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]