Options

Difference - WGU Network Design vs Network Administration

bern75bern75 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had seen a thread about this a while back but I can't find it know. What is the main difference between WGU's Network Design and Management and Network Administration. I am pretty sure I going to go with the Network Administration but I am looking for some first hand accounts.

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A cursory glance at the two programs on WGU's website reveals that the Network Administration degree incorporates the following exams over and above what is included in the Network Design and Management program: ICND1 (640-822), ICND2 (640-816), Windows 7, Configuration (70-680) and Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator (70-646).
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah like Ivanjam said
    So pretty much the Network Admin track gets you the CCNA and MCSA (due to the 70-680) plus everything the Network Design track has except for the Network+ .

There might be some different non cert classes too
  • Options
    joemysteriojoemysterio Member Posts: 152
    so net admin track is better, pretty much... that is what i'm planning to do, hopefully soon! i'm getting the network+ on my own anyway so that's cool.
    Current goals: CCNA/CCNP
  • Options
    nicktornettanicktornetta Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    some of the microsoft certs on the network design and management degree are going end of life, so youll still get credit with WGU but i think pretty soon the certification itself wont exist anymore. that is why i switched to the admin degree.

however, if you dont have your network+, start with the design/management degree and do the network+ in your first term. second term you can switch the admin track and start going for your ccna. no use paying for the network+ if you can do it as part of your wgu degree.