Options

Question about the 801

allquietonallquieton Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are there questions on this exam where I will need to identify components based on an image? Or is it all text descriptions?

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forums allquieton.

Questions are not all text descriptions. You can expect some "performance based questions" which could be any of a wide variety of question types including identifying components based on an image. Most text books have a large assortment of pictures and if anything is completely new to you, you can use Google images to get a quick peek at some graphics.
  • Options
    allquietonallquieton Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I only took the 701, it had a few pictures but they were more computer generated.
  • Options
    Reg777Reg777 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im new to the site, sorry for posting in this thread. Not sure if I am allowed to start a new thread but anyway,
    I have a question regarding the 801 and 802 exams.
    If I pass one exam, is there a time frame required for passing the other exam?
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Reg777 wrote: »
    Im new to the site, sorry for posting in this thread. Not sure if I am allowed to start a new thread but anyway,
    I have a question regarding the 801 and 802 exams.
    If I pass one exam, is there a time frame required for passing the other exam?

Welcome Reg777, yes you can start a new thread. The only time frame I know of is pass the 2nd exam before it expires.

Hope this helps icon_wink.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    Reg777Reg777 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! :D I was worried about that one.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forums Reg777. Webgeek is on target. You'll need to pass both before they expire and that gives you a few years. Good luck.
  • Options
    franziskanerfranziskaner Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums Reg777. Webgeek is on target. You'll need to pass both before they expire and that gives you a few years. Good luck.

I was going to ask the same question actually so thanks for the answer. The A+ is valid for 3 years I think, so if I took the 802 a year after taking the 801, would my A+ cert be valid for 3 years from taking the 802?