Options

How long for ccent?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Is it easily doable in a month at 3 hours a day? Looking at dates to book and 16th & 30th may are available.

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Watch these videos and decide for yourself: 642-802 CCNA Exam Course - Introduction
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is for sure possible! I actually did it in 30 days. I read 1 chapter a day of Odom's books, did some labs in Packet Tracer during my days off and and made some practice exams with Bosom!
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ok, is there much labing to do for ccent?
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Very doable in a month. I spent 10-15 hours "labbing" and 50+ hours reading/reviewing questions.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It really depends on how you study. Personally I think it may be tough to do if you don't have any networking experience. It took me about 3 months and I had no networking experience.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    any idea for the new 100-101 CCENT?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I spent about 2-3 months or so of studying/reading the books but I had some networking experience prior so a good amount of the content was review!! icon_smile.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    FloOz wrote: »
    It really depends on how you study. Personally I think it may be tough to do if you don't have any networking experience. It took me about 3 months and I had no networking experience.

I agree, experience is key.If you have none, you may have trouble dong it in a month with 3 hours a day.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    M-Ant78M-Ant78 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree, experience is key.If you have none, you may have trouble dong it in a month with 3 hours a day.

I just joined this site today & found a thread right up my alley, nice. Anyhow, I have no networking experience, I was actually introduced to Todd Lammle's CCENT book about two weeks ago and I chose to start with that one 1st. I am almost done with Chapter 2, and even though I am in no rush, I like to read each section of his book while watching YouTube videos relating to that section.....I am a newbie, and it helps me learn better using his book, YouTube videos and Google to explain and break down terms for me. With that being said, after reading numerous posts and threads via this site, I want to go ahead and register for the CBT Nuggets w/Jeremy Cioara and take that simultaneously along with Lammle's book. Has anyone began their training for the CCENT w/CBT nuggets as well as book and was a total beginner? Just curious of the experience. Thanks.