Options

Just Took the Test -- Not sure how long I have to wait for results

wintermute1wintermute1 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all. New forum member here. I took the CISSP exam yesterday in Sterling VA USA. I took the ISC2 bootcamp for the preceding 5 days. I signed up thinking that I was going to get a cbt, but was informed on day 2 that *that would not be possible - and that only a pbt, would be offered. I was not happy about this. I still am not. The prospect of waiting 4 to 6 weeks for results (what I have seen on this forum from others) is a nightmare.

Anyway, any hints for how to manage the "waiting in purgatory" period before my fate is revealed?

icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks

Wintermute1

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Relax, have a beer, and wait for the results.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Anyway, any hints for how to manage the "waiting in purgatory" period before my fate is revealed?
    There are lots and lots of threads in this forum about that very topic. My advice is to take your mind off it by starting to studying for your next cert. If you are too burned out to study any more, computer games are a good alternative. ;)
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Take some time off and get yourself together again for your next cert.
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    If this serves you any comfort, I took the paper based test on March 17th, and received my results on April 4th; 18 days later.
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    BundimanBundiman Member Posts: 201
    I think with more and more people taking the cbt that the pbt has a quicker turn around these days.
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Start Date: Apr 1st, 2013)
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Completed: Apr 25t, 2014)
  • Options
    You may well be correct. Still, today it is May 14, and I am still waiting - as apparently is the rest of my class. Cross those fingers!
  • Options
    Well, after all the whining, I just heard ... and I passed the CISSP exam! First time through. Psyched!
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congratulations!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    Thank you. I am lining up my endorser to get the second step complete as soon as possible. I am still shocked that I made it. Leaving the exam I was more or less resigned to re-taking it!
  • Options
    azmattazmatt Member Posts: 114
  • Options
    MrHowardMrHoward Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Thank you. I am lining up my endorser to get the second step complete as soon as possible. I am still shocked that I made it. Leaving the exam I was more or less resigned to re-taking it!

Do you need an endorser?
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    mikeysgmikeysg Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! First time or third time, waiting for results is always the nerve wrecking experience! :D
  • Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bit out of scope but where is the discount for early registeration gone? All prices seem to be 599!
  • Options
    I have one at work. But the process seems a bit confusing, to me and her!
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just download the pdf from the ISC(2) site and fill out your part,do a quick and basic CV that lists your positions, contact info, and the amount of time spent in the domains. Send those to your endorser and have them verify experience, fill out their part of the form, then have them email it to the ISC(2). Usually takes 2-3 weeks once they have it before you become official, unless you are picked for an audit.
  • Options
    I did as you suggested. I should have the signed form back by Friday. I will scan then paperwork and submit as an email attachment. The source of confusion is the part of the endorsement form that seems to require the endorser to send something in independently, rather than me just scanning the form once she has done due diligence checking my professional background and claims of domain experience. Your thoughts?
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The form very clearly states that the endorser is the one to submit the paperwork to the ISC(2) - I think you run a higher risk of being audited if you submit it, rather then her. My form was filled out electronically, and the endorser just sent it, along with my CV in.
  • Options
    I will have her submit the paperwork directly.