Options

Just starting N+

vicbersongvicbersong Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guyz. I just passed my A+exams yesterday both the CORE and the OS. I"m going on the N+ now. I just want some clues abt the certification. Are the exams moreharder than the A+. I have a sybex n+ study guide 2 use, would that be o.k. Thanks 2 everyone on rthis site u all have been quite of help and support. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think Network+ is actually slightly easier than the A+ exams. Network+ is only one exam btw. You'll get a long way if you combine that Sybex book with the TechNotes, practice exams, and other resources listed here:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml
    Also make sure you download the exam objectives from the Comptia.org website and use that as a guide for studying all the topics.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    make sure you know your OSI model, along with which layer certain components operate, th eprysical network layout of different kinds of networks, protocols, IP address ranges for both public and private as well as the loopback address, media & topology, cables and cable lengths.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    I found the Network+ test to be harder than the OS part of A+, but easier than the hardware part. icon_lol.gif
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.