Options

Passed ICND2 (old version)

ch1vasch1vas Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey,

a few minutes ago, I just passed it!

958/1000 ; 45 questions it was

I got really nervous after I thought I screwed up the fourth question which was a Sim. After configuring everything that was requested, I couldn't run the "wr" command. And the second I hit "next" I realized that it probably was asking for copy run start not "wr". But apparently it wasn't needed to save it to the start config. But still, if you think you've already screwed up after the fourth question, doesn't make your life easier.

I had a few blackouts :D. Questions I knew the answers but just wasn't 100% sure and clicking back and forth between the available answers confusing me even more. Clicking the "Next" button at those question was a torture each time.

I used:

Official Exam Guide
Todd Lammle's CCNA
CBT Nugget videos
Boson Exams

My reason for getting CCNA certified is because I want to move on to security. My next goals are Security+ and CCNA security.
I have to admit, though, that I will take a study break. Ok, not an actual break but I will reduce my study time to 1 or 2 hours every other day. It took me 8 months studying from 0 - CCNA. I've studied daily between 2-4 hours and on weekends many more hours. Now it's time to decrease the speed and enjoy life again.

Thanks for all your help!
Goal 2013: CCENT (x); CCNA(x); Security+(x); ITIL Foundation ( )

Comments

• Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job man, and great score!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats good luck with Security+!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ch1vasch1vas Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all!

Can finally move on to the fun part (security) :)
    Goal 2013: CCENT (x); CCNA(x); Security+(x); ITIL Foundation ( )
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with future studies!
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Awesome score!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations. What A Score!!!
  • Options
    DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the pass, I went backwards getting the CCNA Security first and just booked the ICND2 for this Saturday :) The security track is a lot of fun :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    CerebroCerebro Member Posts: 108
    Good job, congratulations :)
    2014 goals: ICND2[]

• Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Great job! Congrats!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA