Options

Talk about Direct (Internship Network/Computer Tech)

Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
Now I'm not applying to this position but I stumbled upon it while looking for system/network admin positions. I found it quite comical what they're asking.

If you want this job it's on the New Hampshire Craigslist. Good luck.
[h=2]Internship Network / Computer Tech will train (Manchester)[/h]We are a growing computer network company looking for a smart network computer and other electronic devices installation. You must have no problem with a good deal of driving but with a company car provided and gas paid. Duties include installing computers, network cables, driving. We are looking for a professional with a minimum of some college to a degree, no tattoos viewable with a short sleeve shirt, clean cut hair, and no beards. You must have a razor sharp focus and be able pick up new things easily without repat instructions. You must be able to spell, speak with proper perfect English, and have strong computer, cabling, or network skills preferred. We will consider training a motivated fast learner if you lack network experience or recent college grad or apprentice. Your looks, manners, and appearance must be clean cut, polished and professional. The candidate must have a flexible schedule for some late nights and some early mornings but usually normal business hours. You need to be in OK shape able to walk and do minor physical labor when we install cables in offices. Most of all we need a very positive "Can Do" confident attitude and willing to take and follow directions. You must be healthy and absolutely no criminal record, no smoking, and no drugs (we test). We will not entertain any illegal under the table offers so don't ask.

Email a resume, introduce yourself, and tell us why we should hire you. One line emails with nothing else said will not be replied. This is a real job so show us you want it.
  • Compensation: Please Inquire

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Whats wrong with it?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I see nothing wrong with it either.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Santa_ wrote: »
    You must have a razor sharp focus and be able pick up new things easily without repat instructions. You must be able to spell...

Now, that is quite comical! I suppose YOU must have those qualities, not the writer of the ad... icon_rolleyes.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    thronetmthronetm Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They sound like idiots (No beard and clean cut hair?) Really!?

"No smoking and no drugs", no smoking cigarettes..... Really!?
  • Options
    Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Typically most postings do not include the type of appearance they're looking for in a person, do not state that you need to spell and speak proper perfect English, they're requiring specific looks (clean cut, polished, professional) from an individual while being in OK shape. Lastly they throw in the criminal record, no smoking, no drugs, and no illegal under the table offers.

All of this without even really placing a clean format for the job responsibilities, job requirements etc.

Honestly my first thought was this was an individual posting this to see who actually takes the bait.
  • Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lfcgeorge wrote: »
    "No smoking and no drugs", no smoking cigarettes..... Really!?

It sounds like the ideal candidate for this position will be spending a good amount of time interacting with customers/clients so I don't think requesting non-smokers is that weird.

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the posting. They just have an image they're trying to maintain/foster and some strict background requirements.