Options

Boson Ex-Max Practice Exams

CCIE Wanna BeCCIE Wanna Be Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I plan on taking ICND1 fairly soon, my original thought was this weekend, but I took a Boson practice test and bombed big time. I here they are harder but are they that much harder? Also, I saw questions about topics that were not covered in the material I was reading (Odom ICND1 book, INE and CBT Nugget Vids), such as a question about frame relay configuration (which i thought was ICND2). So should get to the point where I can ace the Boson exams before I attempt the ICND1 test or should I just go for it and see how I do? I can subnet with ease, it was the off ball questions (on topics not covered) and sims (questions seemed vague) that got me.

Any advice would be welcome.
In Progress:
WGU B.S. - I.T. - Security (and all the certs that come with it)

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So I plan on taking ICND1 fairly soon, my original thought was this weekend, but I took a Boson practice test and bombed big time. I here they are harder but are they that much harder?
    I think the key take-away if you bombed that test is you should spend more time studying. Look at the sections you scored the worst on--that are covered in Odom's book--and set aside as much study time as possible on those sections.

The Boson exams are not the same as the Cisco exams, but they're fairly good for identifying weak areas.

PS - Almost any technical exam, practice or real, will contain some mistakes.
  • Options
    I think the key take-away if you bombed that test is you should spend more time studying. Look at the sections you scored the worst on--that are covered in Odom's book--and set aside as much study time as possible on those sections.

This is what I figured, I'll just keep trucking and see what my practice scores like are by Friday
    In Progress:
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also, I saw questions about topics that were not covered in the material I was reading (Odom ICND1 book, INE and CBT Nugget Vids), such as a question about frame relay configuration (which i thought was ICND2).

Are you sure you go the one for 640-822 (Old ICND1) and not 100-101 (New ICND1), because I'm almost definite that Frame Relay is an ICND2 topic? I was just finishing up Odom's Frame Relay Confiugration chapter myself and that is definitely in his ICND2 book.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah im doing the boson exams too and there is a frame relay question your right (old exam) Keep studying, they are hard exams, I'm now getting over 900 so you will get there, just make sure you know why you failed each question. The Boson exams have great explanations!
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    The Boson exams are definitely worth the money. I use them and Transcender for every exam.
    I always do the questions until I can score 950 or higher, then I go for the exam.
  • Options
    Yeah im doing the boson exams too and there is a frame relay question your right (old exam) Keep studying, they are hard exams, I'm now getting over 900 so you will get there, just make sure you know why you failed each question. The Boson exams have great explanations!

This gives me hope that I wasn't going crazy, I couldn't figure out how to review the questions I missed. Is this possible in test mode or do you have to be in study mode to see the explanations to questions you missed? Also, does it grade the sims and simlets the same way, where you can review what you missed?
    In Progress: