Options

Can't believe it, passed my first Cisco exam, ICND1

pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
The exam was a lot tougher than I expected. Scored an 862, but not sure how proud of that I am. There were a few questions that really had me stumped. I guess a pass is a pass, onward to ICND2. Just wanted to thank you guys for helping me out with all my questions. Appreciate you guys and this site.

It's Miller time.

Comments

• Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the pass. It is a big hurdle. Now get that ICND2 before Sept. :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Enjoy the cold one! icon_thumright.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! Glad to hear icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yippee!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

NOw on to ICND2
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sweeeeeet, great job
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass... I have my exam scheduled for Saturday... What material you used for ICND1?
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shezy77 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass... I have my exam scheduled for Saturday... What material you used for ICND1?

I used CiscoPress, Odom's 3rd edition ICND1 Cert Guide (I read this book 3 times making notes and reading RFCs that he directed the reader to.)
    Cisco Packet Tracer
    Cisco youtube videos