Passed My SSCP

rajneesh1987rajneesh1987 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
First of all thanks everyone in this Forum. Knowledge in this Forum is very good for SSCP preparation. Material i used for SSCP preparation:

1) All in One by Darril Gibson (Read twice, First time as a quick review and second time took the Notes).
2) studiscope Tests (Not recommended at all, i bought all the 3 tests for 109 dollars and was failed in all the three tests. Junk Material. Will recommend CCCure, i found 2 to 3 questions from CCCure online tests were same in the real exam).

Overall majority of the questions in the exam were from topics covered in (All in One) by Darril Gibson. You do not need to go into details of every topic. Darril Gibson has clearly mentioned with most of the topics what you need to learn for SSCP exam.

Now i have to validate my experience through endorsement, but when i contacted my manager in my previous company , he does not seems to be in good mood to provide me a reference regarding my Job responsibilities in my previous job. Currently i am looking for a new job, because there was a layoff in my previous company. Do not know what to do. Should i convert my SSCP certification to Associate of SSCP, because i am finding it harder to get a reference letter from my previous company, my previous company is almost shut down, who so ever is working there is not good to provide as my reference. Please help me out from this situation.

Comments

• webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have the 1 year of required experience, I would still put in the paperwork. If they can't get in contact with your previous employer, they will attempt to contact another employer so be sure to include contact info. Remember this only happens if you get audited. But to be on the safe side, include as much information as you can.

Also, if you decide the Associate route, it would be Associate of (ISC)2, not Associate of SSCP.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • rajneesh1987rajneesh1987 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Webgeek Thanks for your reply. My situation here is that I do not know anyone personally who has any kind of certification with ISC and can endorse my work experience and can contact with my previous employer for the same. Only choice i left with me to ask ISC to endorse me and they will audit my experience. I need to provide them my proof of employment (I can do that, i have offer letter and record of employment with me), my supervisor contact number ( i have a doubt, he can create a problem).

Actually this is the only employer for which i worked as a full time employee for one year. Rest of my experience is through freelancing and internships ( is not in touch with them from so long). I have also contacted with one of colleague with this employer who also got laid off after 5 months from my layoff, he is ready to provide my reference.

What is your opinion, what should i do, should i provide my colleague reference instead of my Manager. In spite of this experience i have a master in Information System Security and a lot of course project directly related to Security.
    What is the difference between these two

Associate of (ISC)2, not Associate of SSCP
    In the email, i got from ISC, they said if i consider to convert to associate then i will have five year time to get the required certificate, but on their website they have mentioned 2 years for SSCP from the date i passed SSCP certification. i am confused do i have 5 years or 2 years into my hand if i will go for associate
  • vikrant.vbvikrant.vb Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation icon_cheers.gif
    Did you use paid version of CCCure or free version?
    Thanks Vikrant. It was free version.
    Dear JDMurray,

Can you please shed some light how can i validate my experience. Through ISC or is there any other way
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You need an endorser, who is someone certified by the (ISC)2 and is currently "in good standing" and is familiar with your work record.

If you do not know of anyone who fits that description, you can have the (ISC)2 itself endorse you.

https://www.isc2.org/endorsement.aspx