Options

How many Credit Units will I earn for my certifications? WGU

xadominguez19xadominguez19 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering how many CUs I will get for my certifications. I currently hold, A+, Sec+, MCP (70-272). I am scheduled to take my C|EH and CCNA in June and I expect to pass. The enrollment counselor told me that I they could not give me transfer CU credit for the certification if I take it after I begin. So I am trying to see if it would be just better to start after I get my CCNA Certification. Can anyone tell me How many CUs I would most likely earn If I wait/what classes I won't have to take?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Why not give them a call and get it straight from the horses mouth as they say?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    xadominguez19xadominguez19 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did. The enrollment counsellor told me that WGU does not give unofficial reports on how many CUs I will have when I start.
  • Options
    MiikeBMiikeB Member Posts: 301
    Most certifications are 6, but I think CEH and Sec+ may overlap depending on the program you take. So probably 6 for A+, 6 for Sec+, 6 for one Microsoft cert and 6 for CCNA.
    Graduated - WGU BS IT December 2011
    Currently Enrolled - WGU MBA IT Start: Nov 1 2012, On term break, restarting July 1.
    QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Future Plans - Davenport MS IA, CISSP, VCP5, CCNA, ITIL
    Currently Studying - VCP5, CCNA
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My best guess would be:

A+ - IT Fundamentals 2 and 3 - 8cr
    Sec+/CEH - Security Fundamentals and Security - 7cr
    MCP 70-272 - Nothing because it is Windows XP but might be able to argue Windows OS Fundamentals - 3cr
    CCNA - Fundamentals of Interconnecting Network Devices and Interconnecting Network Devices - 6cr
    or Network Fundamentals and Networks - 7cr
    Depends on what track you take. So You could get anywhere from 21cr-25cr depending on what the focus is and if you can argue away the OS Fund class.
  • Options
    PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    This document is getting a little dated now, but look at https://kb.wgu.edu/utility/getfile.aspx?rid=1021 - it is bound to be pretty close.

Don't forget, not all classes apply to all degrees.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...