Another a+ book thread

psylowpsylow Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was in the right place at the right time and got a hold of some vouchers for the 700 series a+ exams. I have been in IT for over 12 years but never thought about getting this till now. I see most people recommend the Cram exam book...

CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Exam Cram (5th Edition): David L. Prowse: 9780789747921: Amazon.com: Books

Would you say that would be good enough over the "All in one a+" by Mike Myers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you know your stuff, I think its more than enough.
  • psylowpsylow Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK. I really just want to buy one book. You would do the cram exam over the all in one?
    I did both, i preferred the Exam Cram, though I have only taken the 701 exam, yet to take the 702 due to schedule and flooding alst week.
  • psylowpsylow Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Were you able to pass the 701 just from this book?
    I used Exam Cram, Professor Messor and Train Signal. I think you could pass just off the book.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    In general, most people recommend using more than a single source for any certification. Than again, most people don't pursue the A+ after 12 years of experience. That said, the Exam Cram is probably the perfect source for you. Just supplement it with research for any topics that aren't clear.

Good luck.
  • Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like Darril, I would not recommend using only one study source. The test is very challenging, not only in the types of questions but also in the phrasing of the questions. A lot of times it will be unclear what they are asking and other times they'll leave out certain key bits of information that your supposed to infer. You should buy both those books to study from. Watch the Professor Messer videos, too.