Options

CCENT /CCNA Kits

PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
Hello everyone,

I've used GNS3 a bit and Cisco Packet tracer a lot and I would like the physical equipment for the CCNA/ CCENT? Where would you all recommend?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Ebay is your friend. Sometimes you can get lucky on Craigslist but I don't trust it that much. Ebay has always been the best for me.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    Yeah. I just wanted to see what exactly you would get and then go from there?

Thanks!
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would recommend physical equipment if you can afford it. That said, GNS3 is great for routers, and you can even connect it to live equipment either to supplement your existing equipment or to connect physical switches [as GNS3 doesn't support Catalyst Switches - Etherswitch has too many differences to be used for CCNA practice]. Packet Tracer supports routers, switches, and even simulated devices (IP Phones, Desktops, Laptops, Servers), but you can't connect it to live equipment and some commands aren't available. Probably nothing super important, but I've run into a few such as some DHCP settings, exec banners, etc...that aren't in Packet Tracer, but are on the real thing.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    i have some 1760 routers and 2950 switches i am thinking to sell.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)