Options

Reflexive & Dynamic ACLs and CBAC on 640-802

eric_stephenseric_stephens Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm in the process of studying for the 640-802 exam and one of the resources I'm using is Lammle's CCNA Guide, 7th Edition as well as his CCNA Review Guide (both released in 2011). As I'm going through the review guide I hit the chapter on security and he includes Reflexive ACLs, Dynamic ACLs, and CBAC. None of these are included in the first book I mentioned (seems strange considering it's the same author and the review guide is supposed to be a compliment to the main book).

This is my 3rd time doing the CCNA (last one expired last year as I was in grad school). I know they have different tracks now, one of which is security -- but since Lammle mentions them in the review guide I'm making the assumption that they could show up on the 640-802 exam. Just curious if anyone who has taken the exam recently ran into these.

Looking at the "exam topics" on Cisco's site they don't specifically mention these but just mention ACLs.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Answering that would probably violate the NDA. I would know them though since they are mentioned in both Odom and Lammle's books.
  • Options
    eric_stephenseric_stephens Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the response.

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was looking for specific questions/answers on the exam. I was just hoping to clarify whether those topics are in fact included since Lammle didn't have them in the 7th edition guide. Since they're in his review guide I'll make it a point to know them as you suggested.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I remember these from Odom's book. He seems to gloss over them, basically describing what they are and what they do, but giving no information on how to configure them. I would take this to mean that you might see a question on them, but probably (hopefully) won't get a sim where you have to configure one.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    No worries. Simple knowledge of what they are and are for should be good enough.