Options

What should I write when e-mailing about a job posting?

SolitonSoliton Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can anyone tell me what is the best way to respond to an e-mail only job posting? I look through a few different websites, and many of them only have the poster's e-mail address or ask to e-mail with a resume.

I've been following loose format of:

---
Dear (name of person, or "hiring manager"),

I came across your company's posting on Craigslist that was looking for a/an (Enter position name). I am very interested in this position because I feel it fits my skills and qualifications well. I have experience working with (Enter specifics of what I can do related to them). I am a responsible and punctual individual with an eagerness to learn new concepts and ideas. I've attached my resume detailing my qualifications.

If you would like to contact me, I can be reached at (Phone number) or (E-Mail)

Thank you for your consideration,
(Name)
---

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to how I can respond to them, and have it be professional and attention grabbing?
~ A+ - Passed ~ CCNA - In Progress
Your Recommended daily dose of security and privacy -> My Blog

Comments

• Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I see nothing wrong with this assuming the details you include in the email are true. That said, I haven't every really done the email thing. I tend to submit a resume to a form or site. I hope to get some pointers from those with more experience as well.