Options

Passed ICND2 640-816 Yesterday

MichaelPetermanMichaelPeterman Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the ICND2 (old one) yesterday. Squeaking past with an 837
I took it before and scored an 804
Took the test on really short notice - found out I had no school so I scheduled it the day before (not a good idea I don't recommend that I was freaking out)
Sources (in order of how helpful and how much I used them)
-Cisco Networking academy class (I did both discovery and exploration)
-CBT nuggets (watched all the "older" ones a lot and took notes, I began watching the ICND1 100-101 but didn't finish)
-31 days before your CCNA (I only got this a week before my test so I didn't finish it but I totally recommend)
-Odom books (I think i only had the 2nd edition ones) - Highlighted things in it

Comments

• Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! What are you planning todo next?
  • Options
    disfunktedfishdisfunktedfish Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrat Michael. I am going to take my CCENT on Monday and I plan to take the second part a month or so later. I've gone though the Cisco Academy so now I'm just refreshing since it has been a couple years since the class.

I am also racing to complete the CCNA before the new changes which are going to make it a little harder.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Whats next?
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! CCNP next?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Congrats on the pass!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats!! A pass is a pass. Just brush up on your weak areas and you will be good to move on.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Moving onto CCNP?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63